2014b: Week 8a: Tuesday, 28 October 2014

(1) Listen to the News by Tara

(2) Video lesson: Lessons from Romania

Pse read the attachment to see the questions we'll discuss. You know how to find the video if you want to watch it before the class (but it is not really necessary as we'll watch it twice in class), Find the link on the "Listening" page here: https://www.englishclub.com/listening/index.htm

romania-class-worksheet.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you, Zhou Yuqi. Glad you know much about Romania now! Yes, they have surely improved if they have discarded the traditional method of learning, as their English is quite good. You don't have to hope about learning from this video, Zhou Yuqi ... if you give attention I know it would be very helpful toward improving each student's language skills!

• Hello teacher.Next class we will learn Romania.Romania is the largest countries in southeastern Europe area ,ranking 12th in Europe.About next class ,the main content is the learning English in Romania. They learn English at an early age.And they begin to learn it with verbs ,grammar and so on as usual.They also will face the problems.They do speeches,a lot of conversation ,discussions to practice it.There are also videos.From their experience I learn many tips and advice.I will improve myself.

• Zhou Ying, we will learn ABOUT Romania! And Romania is only ONE country, not countries. But if they also learn through verbs and grammar "as usual" as you say, why is it then that their English is more advanced than, say, that of Chinese students? Or is that what you mean when you refer to the speeches, conversation and discussions? Then they have changed from the traditional method to a more modern one, right?

• Hi,teacher.we will have a video lession next class and it's about Romania.I have to say that mentioned Romania  I just can't help but think of the vimpire Dracula.I know Romania is a European country and the offical language of it is Romanian.I think the education way of a country is related to its national conditions,so they can carry out interactive education more easliy. I didn't watch a lot English movies,on the one hand,it needs time .Most movies I saw in the freshman year,and I really more easily during that period.On the other hand,I 'd rather like to watch some free English movies on the internet,but they are less and less.By contrst,listening to English song is more relaxed and enjoy,you can listen to music everytime.

• Why do you think of Dracula when you think of Romania, Hou Yan? Was he Romanian?! Yes, I think you are correct about their education system that would be more conducive to learning English. And they also get taught by more English-speaking teachers (even from their own country). Are you sure listening to songs would help you improve your language skills when you relax ...? If you are in relax-mode, you wouldn't worry to get the lyrics to really learn some words!

•  Hi,John,this is Ann.In the next class,our topic is about Romania.Romania is located in the north of Europe.It has a population of 21 million.And it capital is Bucharest.Romania's official language is Romanian,but young people speak English well.and the people in video can give us many advices to learn English.
    • So Ann, why do you think the Romanians speak English so well? Don't you think there's a good reason for that?

• Hello,teacher,so glad that the news we will do is change to every Tuesdays.Next class,our content i think is so similiar to the topic of learning English in Brazil in the past semester.There are many new ideas about learning English.
    In Romania,the traffic rules is the same as that in China.They also drive in the right hand of the road.And it is so fantastic that its national flag is the same as Chad.It is the world's only a couple of flags.I had never seen !The national flower of Romania is the white rose which stand for happiness,virginal and honesty.The Romanian are fond of flowers.They regard the white rose as the symbol of their nation characteristic.It is good to present a bounch of flowers as a gift to the hosetess when we visit her.Which attract me mostly is the cate there~~ I hope i could marry an exellent husband and travel with him ,eat many many kinds of delicious food all qround the world.
    A news stricked me a lot.Just in the yesterday,there was a great snow in Romania suddenly.Many infrastructure were destroyed serously and made great trouble to the local people.And just today,many places in Heilongjiang province also have heavy snow,too.Although now it is only yhe end of autumn.It makes me think of the problem of the weather of the earth.The extremely weather is becoming more and more serious.It is the duty of everyone of us to protect the earth.
    CHAD.IT
    • Thank you, Kelly. You know so much about Romania now, you can teach us! I didn't even know all of those facts! About the husband ... do you mean he must be Romanian?! Do they make good husbands?! Thanks for telling about the heavy snowfall ... didn't know about that neither. Wow, and you say Heilongjiang had snow too - so early?! I wish I were there as I love snow so much! Yes, global warming (caused by us) is changing the weather patterns all over the world. But do people care enough to change the ways they live, Kelly?

• Good afternoon John!I have known the content of the next class.Next class is a video class and is about Romania. Romania is the largest country in the area of southeast Europe, and is ranked 12th in Europe. Romania's flag is made up of blue, yellow and red. Blue symbolizes the sky, yellow represents the rich natural resources, red symbol of courage and sacrifice of the people.And after seeing the video about Romania we will answer some questions about Romanians how to learn English.In my opinion,Romanians' English learn well maybe because of the childhood education and the environment around, of course also had their study hard.So I should practice English often.Looking forward to the next class!

This reply was deleted.