2014b: Week 8a: Tuesday, 28 October 2014

(1) Listen to the News by Tara

(2) Video lesson: Lessons from Romania

Pse read the attachment to see the questions we'll discuss. You know how to find the video if you want to watch it before the class (but it is not really necessary as we'll watch it twice in class), Find the link on the "Listening" page here: https://www.englishclub.com/listening/index.htm

romania-class-worksheet.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you, Pauline. Glad you know something about Romania now! However, I am not so sure that the Romanians study as hard as the Chinese, as China and Korea are the only countries according to my knowledge where the students have to study themselves nearly to death! But you have part of the answer, I think, as during their childhood education they are being taught by English speakers and that gives them a big advantage over Chinese and Korean students.

• good afternoon,teacher.i know next class is a video lesson.after looked content,i want to look up about Romania. i know that the capital of Romania is Bucuresti and this is a abundant city.i think that is another country like to study English. like before ,we can see and learn other people how to study english. after watch the video,we need to answer some questions about the video. at last,we have a discuss about learning english.for the first question,i want to say,in my country,or speak more specific points.in my school since i am a child,we study english by traditional method.teacher say,and we listen or memorizing words grammar.i think we have apoor pronunciation and listening is connected with our traditional method. for the news,i want to share,about some wordsmiths perfer the term "defective nouns".i like to write poetry composition and use some language of the special usage.that is my reply ,see you.
    • Thank you for a nice reply, Hetty. Do you know what the capital of Romania is in English? I'll ask you tomorrow! Yes, I agree with you that the traditional teaching method is not good for learning (anything). They (the education authorities) are aware of that, but they don't change that (I guess because it is not them that are not learning the language properly; so why care ..?). I do not understand this. But Hetty, I don't understand what you mean about the news ... it looks to me it is about a new invention from Apple ...?

• Hello john ,I have to comment the website early.The flag is three vertical stripes :red ,yellowand blue ,about 214000000,romanian hungarian ,roman catholic ,and jewish.It's offical language is romanian.Its location is central Europe.If i want to study english further .I will have a dictinary and have a strick attitude,and i will study hard by myself, reading it everyday and do some pratice using english in life.
    • Thanks Tina; looks like you know something about Romania now! Romania is my favourite country and if China ever kicks me out, I'd like to settle there! Then it also appears to me that you are getting more serious with English ...? I hope my observation is correct! ;-)

This reply was deleted.