2014b: Week 8a: Tuesday, 28 October 2014

(1) Listen to the News by Tara

(2) Video lesson: Lessons from Romania

Pse read the attachment to see the questions we'll discuss. You know how to find the video if you want to watch it before the class (but it is not really necessary as we'll watch it twice in class), Find the link on the "Listening" page here: https://www.englishclub.com/listening/index.htm

romania-class-worksheet.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good morning, John I think the fastest way to learn English is to use English to communicate, usually have a look English video and English games. But the most important thing is the environment.

• Li Fengxian, if you wait till the morning before the lesson to make your comment, it can't be a good comment as there is little time. Why don't you do the comment the day before, or the weekend before? And are you really reading through the lesson material (the attachments) before our class? It doesn't appear to me like that ... and you want to pass? I need a better effort from you.

• Hi teacher.I am lately coming again..I have seen your last lesson's reply for me.Next time I will comment earlier!(and sleep earlier).
    At first we will repeat the news.The news is about something advanced of the iPhone.Then we will watch the video about the Ronania.Romania is a eastern Europe country.It is attached to Serbia.And I find that Romania is the hometown of the vimpare.(But do the vimpares really exsist? I only saw them in the books and movies.)We can't watch the video here,but I saw it is about Romania's English learning.I think the people there may learn English from their childhood,so they can speak well.After all,if we don't work hard ,if we don't spend time on it,nothing will be learned well.Looking forward to see you tomorrow.
    PS,we will have the class in Jingyuan239 tomorrow.I have not been to that classroom before.When I looked up for the classroom on our school's internet,I can only find two available classrooms on that time.And pityly,the one in Yunhui is already be occupied before.So I hope we can quickly find the classroom in Jingyuan because there are so many classrooms there!(To tell you the truth,I often get lost in Jingyuan ...)Good night,sir!
    • Thank you for a good comment, Liu Yufan. But it looks like this comment was also done after midnight ...! Looks like you don't care to much about sleep (like your roommates)! But what is a vimpare, LYF?! Never heard of it; though I learned what a vampire is! And I also learned that it was only fiction and they don't really exist (except to those who want to believe it!).

Thank you for arranging the classroom. Sounds like you can lately book classrooms on the university's Internet - how cool! Yes, I also noticed many vacant classrooms at Jingyuan (I have classes there on Mondays and Fridays) and I'm quite surprised as I understand there are so many additional students this term. :)

• Hellow,John.I have read the content.about the next class.Firstly,I am very happy to know that we will watch.an video tomorrow.We saw the videos before,and we know students how to learn English in some countries.And we will know it about Romanian.I have learnt English since nine.years old.And I think the aim to learn English is the high grade.It is for examination.we remembered words and grammer the whole day.I really what to learn English in a interesting way.See you tomorrow,sir.
    • Yes Wang Shuaitian, if the education lawmakers have just regarded the English language as more important as they usually do, they would have tried to prepare the Primary and High school students more effectively in terms of mastering the language skills. Unfortunately that has never been the case and in China students would always struggle when it comes to learning the English language. If you really want to learn English more effectively, I guess you'll have to do it yourself like the Prime Minister when he was a student a few decades ago ... self-taught and self-motivated!

•  Good evening,John.I have looked the topic of tomorrow's class.First,we will do activity one,do some question of Romania.Then,we will watch a video of learning English of Romania.We have watched three video of other country how to learn english.I know why you do that.I think you hope we can know how other country people learn english and change our mind.I hope we can speak english as well as them.
    • Nancy, did you do any online reading about Romania like many of your classmates? I think many of them were prepared for today's lesson, but were you?! Okay, you are partly right about the motivation behind the language videos. Mostly we have those lessons in the hope that it may just motivate some students to do better in their English ... Oh, and this term we would only do one of the videos as the term with your class is very short this time.

• In my country, our English lessons were based on traditional method. My English teacher taught us words and sentences , we only listened and not to say in my young age.But I hoped we could have opportunities to take part in some activities at that time. Sergiu read two or three English books a week, this can broken his horizon and make he remember more words and sentences. But for me, I have read few English books, I plan to read some this team. About making friends with English speakers, I think it is helpful to improve our spoken skills. In this way, we can know more about foreigner's cultures and customs.

• Wang Jiajia, if reading so many books have broken Sergio's horizon, I think he would have given up on reading! Maybe it has broaden his horizon! I'm glad you are planning to read some English books this term; but remember you should be starting soon as the term is nearly halfway! About making friends ... I don't think it is so important to learn about the foreigners' culture; as long as you can learn about speaking her/his language!

This reply was deleted.