2014b: Week 7a: Tuesday, 21 October 2014

(1) Music lesson: Rolling in the Deep by Adele

P.S.

1. Sorry that I can't upload the music file here as it is 8.75MB and the limit here is 7MB.

2. Sound: Liu Yufan, is it possible to bring your sound system to class again, pse? Can you download this song for us, or should I bring my USB memory stick to the class? Pse let me know if you need that. Thank you.

(2) Developing fluency: Write down polemical statements for discussion in small groups.

Rolling inthe Deep - S.pdf

13 - W7a - Developing fluency.docx

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes CC, it sounds like a song about a broken relationship that turned very ugly as she now seeks revenge. You are right about cheating and abandonment; couples shouldn't do that to their mates (but they do ..).

•  Next class, first we will listen to a song and write down our own Interpretation of the song. And then, we will discuss some questions in pairs. About these questions, I think a failed relationship has a bad inpact on people, it will make people sad and upset, people usually don't want to eat foods and can't sleep well when they are heartbroken. People can do other things to transfer their attention in order to heal their broken heart. For example, they can visit places of interest to relax themselves. Last, we will learn a grammar and complete the sentences using the new grammar.
    • Yes, it may be true what you say about failed relationships, Wang Jiajia, but it is also true that it makes one stronger. So, though it hurts when one is at the receiving end, one should believe that it's not the end, but the beginning of a new road in life (I know - I had three major relationship-failures

• Hi teacher,when i saw the picture this class.i am excited,because i like this song very much.the song is in my first phone,although my phone was lost in last year.i sang it everyday in taht time. in this song, i can feel the love in her voice.Her album was so popular that it was clicked and downloaded to the top . in the other word,that is my favorite english song.Then we will learn a grammer"could have".as usual ,we will have a discuss tomorrow,that is about emotion.i think everyone has many words to say.

• Well Hetty, I am happy for you that we can use your favourite song in class for a lesson. I hope it would meet your expectations, and more. Maybe you can sing it for us shoud Liu Yufan forget to bring the sound system ..!

• Hellow,John.I have read the content about the next class.Firsty,I am very exctiting when I know we will listen ROLLING IN THE DEEP.I really love it.And I watched the MV about the song.The light is very dark.And Adala's expression is so bad.And then we will.have a dession about.how to deal with the bad relationship.I am looking forward to it.See yoh tomorrow,sir.
    • Yes, Wang Shuaitian, the music is exciting, but I guess the theme is a little depressing. But one can still learn a lot from this experience (especially what to look out for, and what not to do, or not to allow).

• Good evening,teacher. I have known the content of the next class.First,we will listen to Rolling in the Deep,and the song be sung by adele.Second,we will discuss some questions.Then,we will complete the sentences.What is more,I have been heard Rolling in the Deep and see the MV of the song.I feel sad and despairing.In the MV,a lot of glass is broken in the room.It make me depressed and gloom.But it is impressive.I am looking forward the next class.See you tomorrow
    • Why did they break the glass in the music video, Cao Hualin? I guess they must have been fighting, right? Yes, it sounds like she was involved in a violent relationship. Mayeb it's better to rather stay away from relationships if that is how they are ..!

• Good,evening,John.I read the content just now.Then I search the Internet for some information and listen to the song named rolling in the deep.And I found it is a so popular song!I think this song melody is strong and easily to impress people.We will learn a kind of grammar,I feel it is not very difficult.I hope I can learn it well.See you tomorrow!
This reply was deleted.