2014b: Week 7a: Tuesday, 21 October 2014

(1) Music lesson: Rolling in the Deep by Adele

P.S.

1. Sorry that I can't upload the music file here as it is 8.75MB and the limit here is 7MB.

2. Sound: Liu Yufan, is it possible to bring your sound system to class again, pse? Can you download this song for us, or should I bring my USB memory stick to the class? Pse let me know if you need that. Thank you.

(2) Developing fluency: Write down polemical statements for discussion in small groups.

Rolling inthe Deep - S.pdf

13 - W7a - Developing fluency.docx

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,john.Next class, will listen to the song rolling in the deep.The songer sing to her lover,because he treat love as play,love turn into hate. The song was filled with anger,sadness and revenge.Next we will have a discussion and a practise about grammer.I think people will be senstive and can't belive others easily if he ever be hurted.Perhaps  time is the best antidote,it can heal anything.At the same time,we also should be optimistic and strong.we should see the good side in the life and healing on ourselves.

Anything - Reisefotos Reisebilder Fotos
    • Hou Yan, when someone sings a song, that person is referred to as a 'singer'. And 'hurt' is the same in the present and past tense, as well as in the past participle, i.e. 'hurt' (as you used it here). But I agree with your point about time bringing healing; that is so true. However, I believe we sometimes need other people too to help us getting over some heart ache (as we are not God to always heal ourselves). ;-)

• Hello,John.I'm glad to know we will have a new lesson about listening to the song.And it's called Rolling in the deep by Adele.I find that i had listened to it long time ago,but i didn't think the meaning of its iyric.So i'm looking forward to developing its beautiful.Wish have a nive day.

• Most of us don't really grasp the meaning of the song, Cynthia. However, it is clear she's singing about a relationship that didn't work out. She thought it was the perfect relationship ('we almost had it all'), but then it didn't work out. Now there are scars in her heart, and it also appears that she may seek revenge. So, not your nicest love song! But still a good piece of music, I think.

•  Hello,teacher.This afternoon I have listen to the song,,Rolling in the Deep,which is sung by Adele.In my opinion,I am interested in this song.And I like the sentence,the scars of your love,they leave me breathless.Next class,we will discuss three questions about the song and do some sentences.But,I am sorry,I still can not understand the song well.I will listen to it in recent days.See you.
    http://Adele.In/
    See related links to what you are looking for.
    • Well Tan Jingping, even to me the song is a little confusing in some of the lyrics. It's not really a love song, but I guess more a song to warn of the scars of love! I'm not a song expert; maybe some of your classmates will tell us in the week what the song really means. I know Wang Shuaitian likes music; maybe he'll enlighten us!

• Hello teacher.I have seen the content next class.I’m so interested in the topic about Rollig In The Deep,which is ong of my favorite songs.The singer is Adele,who has many works,like Rumor Has It,Tuning Tables and so on.Her style is widely.About Rolling In The Deep,the style is soul ,pop,blues.The song is filled with anger,revenge ahd heart-broken,expressing the singer’s flounce at the bottm of her heart.Well,I think it is cheating will make heart broken .I won’t seek a revenge because it is not necessary,.Maybe ony is time ,which can heal broken heart.But the most critical is oneself.
    • Zhou Ying, you mean Adele has many songs, right?! Yeah, it looks like you know the song well. It's more than a love song; more about when love doesn't work out, I guess. But, it is still a nice song; one of the best of the best!

• Hello teacher ,the next class is coming .And we aii look forward to learing .I have listened to the sing called rolling in the deep, it reminds me of something that I maybe forget but also iin my heart.which i never forget it in my life.My hometown is shenyang ,in my view it is the most memorable place in my life .may be i will have different place to live a long time but I think it is seidom to remember to so long time,Gammer is about that have done or could have done, sometimes I also mix them .so i want to understand it .
    • Thanks Tina; but why are you reminded of Shenyang when you listen to the song?! Is the song not about love and a fire in the heart and about the scars of love, etc?! Okay, I guess you remember Shenyang as maybe you left a broken heart there when you came to Liao Gongda ...!

This reply was deleted.