2014b: Week 7a: Tuesday, 21 October 2014

(1) Music lesson: Rolling in the Deep by Adele

P.S.

1. Sorry that I can't upload the music file here as it is 8.75MB and the limit here is 7MB.

2. Sound: Liu Yufan, is it possible to bring your sound system to class again, pse? Can you download this song for us, or should I bring my USB memory stick to the class? Pse let me know if you need that. Thank you.

(2) Developing fluency: Write down polemical statements for discussion in small groups.

Rolling inthe Deep - S.pdf

13 - W7a - Developing fluency.docx

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Teacher,what i want to express is that the singer expresses her feeling through dancing.Maybe i expressed it by little mistake~~
  • Hello sir,we will meet each other soon.I have konw a new word - superstitinds,i never see it before i attand the class ,it is a hard word for me .It is meaningan irrational belief arising from ingnorance or fear.many phenomenon shows this word.such as a cat or a broken mirror.The artical about superstitions is so difficult ,I understand it even hard,I useed the dictionary many times,gap fill have some difficuties ,and i will try my best to do it.see you next class.
    • Tina, why do you give your comment here? We have completed this lesson yesterday.

• hello,teacher.i have listened the music,and the music is beautiful.i have listened it when the song was new issued,we have a discussion in pairs or small groups and in my opinion the usual symptom of relationship broken is never get touch with each otger,i would not seek a revenge on a partner.see you tomorrow
    • Tian Jing, thank you for the comment, but why do you comment so late at night? See my comment to Nancy above; maybe you should leave your comments earlier when you are fresher. Don't you think so? But okay, at least you said something I agree with ... if the relationship is over, never get in touch again. Go and sleep now. ;-)

•  Good evening,John.I have looked the topic of tomorrow class.First,we will listen an English song,rolling in the deep by Alede.Alede is my favorite  foreigner singer.Her music is deeply moving.My favorite song of her is someone  like you.Then,we will do some discuss.Looking forward to tomorrow's class.I am very happy that you also like Alede.
    • Yes Nancy, Adele is making good music. But Nancy, I am getting worried when some students give their comments so late at night ... Then they are already very tired and want to go to bed. Do you think the quality of their comments would still be good? Don't you think it would just be a "rushed job" then? Maybe you, Tian Jing, Li Fengxian, CC and Jiajia should consider leaving your next comments when you are fresher? What do you think? ;-)

• Hello jon. I just to listen to this song from the new, I think this song where the protagonist if I were you, I will be crazy. If I have let me Rolling In The Deep boy, I will also like the song girl like crazy in love but want to destroy him. So I like the lyrics of this song

• I agree Li Fengxian, if a boy treats me so badly as her bf treated her, I think I would feel like killing him! Why do boys often treat their gf's like that? Why are girlfriends more warmhearted than their bf's? Or am I missing it?!

• Hi,teacher.I have read the content of our class and I have listened

the Rolling in the Deep.I listened the song several years ago,but I

don't know it's name.In my view,it's a song to ex-boy friend.And I

think cheating and abandonment will make someone being heartbroken.
This reply was deleted.