Replies

• Hi,teacher.I have read the new about Disease Detectives Investigate

Ebola Breach and the content of our class.The role play is like the

activity "survive on the boat" we do last year,we should try to

persuade others to support our ideas .
    • CC, who did you have in mind to persuade to support your ideas? Do you mean when you will be talking to the bank manager so that she/he can give you a loan? Okay, then I understand. As long as you don't mean that's how we should live our lives ... People should have the right to their own opinions and beliefs even when it differ from ours. ;-)

• Hello,teacher.I just saw the attachment and the news about next class.the news is about Ebola Breach.this disease happened in recent month which caused great international attention  . As we all know,we couldn not do much to control it but had better protect ourselves by doing good personal hygiene .Just pay attention to every details around us .It must the best way i think.Thus it can be seen,our strenghth are weak.Each of us must manage it...

• Kelly, this was the first comment from you that wasn't very exciting, I think! But thanks nevertheless for the comment. Maybe you didn't have much time this time 'round; or maybe I just got spoiled by your other good comments! ;-)

• hi,teacher.i have seen the content.i think there are two important area.one is clowns international,in this content,we will match the phrasal verb and fill the blank.i think the register is heart in the article.the other one is role play,like the interactive game in the past.we need to not noly talk in english,but also think in english.rather than translate the chinese into english.and i think this role play like a debate.the bank manager and boss.at last we need read the news as the past.i will have a careful preparation.good night teacher.
    • Hetty, we shouldn't READ the news (as in the past); I hope you and your classmates have LISTENed to it as it is not designed to be a reading exercise! I hope you indeed found today's class to be informative and helpful? Why do I get the feeling these days that I am boring your classmates? Can you tell me; or am I missing it?

• Hello,teacher,I have known the content of the next lesson, I understand the importance of the phrase, and we all need to pay more attention to the similar phrases.And the game of the role play is very interesting. Secondly, I have listened to the news(Disease Detectives Investigate Ebola Breach) .In my opinion, all of world need to improve the level of medical.Now, some serious highly infectious diseases are harmful to our health. However,I believe that with the development of science and technology, with the efforts of all of people, we will overcome it. At the same time, we also need to have the awareness of health.In the daily life,we should keep balanced diet, have regular exercise and usually go to the hospital to check the body.we not only need to avoid illness, but also need to avoid bring the disease to others. 

• Thank you for a good comment, Ada. I think your opinion about improved medical facilities around the world is correct. However, it would always be very difficult for the poor countries to have such medical facilities and that's why the rich countries should help the world in a time of crisis like this. I personally don't like America much, but one thing one can say of the Americans, is that when the world needs help, they are quick to assist. Maybe you are aware of the fact that they recently sent a team of 3000 American doctors and nurses to West Africa where the most serious Ebola outbreak happened. That is admirable. China is one of the richest countries today (maybe the richest one), but I am sad to say China has a very bad record when it comes to helping the world. I get the impression China doesn't feel much for the world; as long as the world can make China richer and stronger (which of course can't happen if China doesn't get all the money from the world for their exports, etc).

However, I don't think I can agree with your last comment! How does one avoid contaminating another person?! Some diseases (like Ebola) are so contagious that it spreads without even external contact. So, how does one prevent that? But I agree with you that there are some simple steps (or precautions) we can take to try to stay disease-free. Thank you.

• Hello,John.Next class,first,we will tell the news.And then we'll learn some phrases,it's useful.Next,we read an article and learn some knowledge.Finally,everyone will play a role in situation.I think the role play is more useful for us to learn English and most of us may like this kind of method.See you tomorrow
    • Mary, did you really go through the lesson material? I don't know; this looks like such a "rushed job". You can tell me.

This reply was deleted.