Replies

• I hope you did learn something through this lesson, Maxine! I noticed that you were very quiet .. (maybe you missed Crystal from the front row)!

• Good evening,teacher! Tomorrow's class we will have a mini-debate about the English Globalization.In nowaday society,English is more and more important.Because it is used widely in the world.As for me,I started to learn English from the year of 5.And I think the meaning of globalization is that we can be in a world like a family.The information and resource can be transport quickly and smoothly among us.English can be the key of this change.So I think only have a good command of English can we study better in the future.   

• You are so clever, Liu Yufan! I agree with what you say! English is the key that unlocks the world to us! But just think how nice it is that through this one language we can extend our family ... by implication, you will then have another 'father' in South Africa and I will have another daughter in Huludao ... and all over China! ;-)

• ^_^

• Hello John.I'm Pauline.I'm sorry that my computer can't open the website.So I didin't make the comment last week.Now I use Houyan's computer to send it.I love her magic computer!I have known the content about the next class.I think the topic in the next class is English Globalization.and we have a discuss about this topic.English is the most important language in the world.In my opinion.English will become globalization in the future.Chinese children will learn English more and more early.Looking forward to the class in the tomorrow.See you.

• Pauline, see my comment to Hetty (Jiang Chunyu) about the browsers. I think that's where your problem with the computer (or Internet) lies!

• Hi,teacher.I have read the content of our class.As the article said,English is becoming more and more important.And with time going by,there are some special mixed language,such as"Good good study,day day up."it's a Chinese English."long time no see"is also a Chinese English which is excepted by native speaker.
    • Haha CC, I knew that saying, "Long time no see" since my childhood (which is quite a number of years ago!) and it is definitely not Chinglish! That is an English saying! Maybe the Chinese language has the same saying, but that would then just be a coincidence, I think! Or, it may be proof that the Chinese and English languages were introduced to each other before I was born! ;-)

• Good evening teacher.I have seen the content next class.About the English ,I think this kind of language is very important.On the one hand ,this is an aggression against a local language and culture.On the other hand this is the development and fusion of a culture.We should have correctly treat this phenomenon.
    • Yes Tian Jing, it may be so, but I suggest you read my comment to Ada as I am of the opinion that learning another language shouldn't have a negative effect on a (strong) culture!

This reply was deleted.