2014b: Week 5b - 11 Oct 2014

(1) Job hunting:

Class to listen to a phone dialogue and then practice role plays/dialogues between a boss (student A) and a job seeker (student B).

(2) 30 - Seconds:

Thirty second talks in pairs by rolling the dice. There are 22 different topics to talk about. When the dice falls on one, you talk about the topic for 30 seconds.

P.S. My apology for posting the lesson so late. They only reminded me this morning about class tomorrow on a Saturday! If you don't find the time to leave a comment here, I would understand. To those of you who would make time for comments, of course you would earn your first marks towards the final semester score! ;-)

11-1 - W5a Job hunting.pdf

11-1 - W5a - 30 Seconds.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,teacher.I have readed the content of our class.I am pay attention to the intonation seldom in the daily life,so I think it's funny to try new things.And roll the die of The 30-second talks is like our class activities last year,it's interesting.
    • CC, the present tense, past tense and past participle for "read" remains the same, i.e. read, read, read! Even in Fujian it is the same! ;-)

• Good evening,teacher.Tomorrow's class is about a role play and a discussion with your partner. About the dicussion,I think being a teenager can have some disadvantages,such as we are not free in some way.Teachers and parents can be strict.And about the role play, the interview is common in our life.I am looking forward to this lesson.
    PS,Today's comment is late ,because of some reason,our browser is difficult to open the website.But it's not a big problem because I am now using other's computer which can have a comment sucessfully.Good night,teacher.See you tomorrow!

• Hi my most wonderful class monitor! Sorry that I'm replying to you so late! As you know, I got my timetable so late (only last week on Wednesday after the national day holiday) and I was busy doing my lesson planning for my three classes until today. I am nearly finish now with putting it on computer and would hopefully complete the task tomorrow as I only have the evening class. But I'm sure you didn't mind! ;-)

About the browser, I have also discovered something this website is doing! When I use my Firefox browser, I can't upload pictures here, but when I use the Internet Explorer browser, I can upload the pics! So, I think many of our problems here can be attributed to the kind of browser we use. Bear that in mind in future when you or your classmates experience problems again on the website. Maybe you shouldn't use Chinese browsers as the website can't speak Chinese ..! :)

• New term,we have a goood beginning again.And we know we have a role to play about a boss and a job seeker.And the conversation about where and when the interview will be hold.And than,we wll go to a part like a game.There will be some problems like are teacher always right? Im my opinion,of course not.Surely,there are others questions,and i believe everyone will give different answers!
    • Cynthia, why did you single out that question about teachers not always being right?! Maybe you like to tell them they are often wrong, not so?! Hey btw, thank you for assisting and looking after Li Fengxian today. I appreciate your trouble with her. I failed her two semesters ago and she has to do an additional semester to pass her oral English. I respect her for attending this class as I know the students in China do not like doing that. I will reward her if she works hard and show some progress. I hope your classmates would also assist her when they sit next to her - like a class effort! ;-)

• Hello teacher.I feel so happy to continue studying oral English with you this semester,i had just made innumerable trials and hardships to open the webpage.So sad ~the website seems abnormal than that last semester.
    I had saw the attachment about next class .We will have a role play about job hunting especially noticing the intonation of it.In fact,the intonation is important.No matter in our usual life or hunting jobs in the future.I think through this activity ,we could realize the importance of oral English .You will prove us a condition that practicing spoken English by this act.In fact ,in our daily life,there are many difference among us .Including the accent divergence due to the regional divergence .We may easily have misunderstanding at first.As my roommate--CC who comes from Fujian province.At first,i misunderstanded her accent.But as time goes by,her accent become much easier understanding than before.
    Hope the next class.See you tomorrow teacher.
    • Strange, Kelly, I didn't have problems with opening the website. Wonder what was going on with your efforts? Maybe it is the Internet link at the dormitories? Well, I hope it'll be better in future. At least I see you got on the website eventually! ;-)

Oh, you misunderstood CC at first because of her accent?! I heard they say that the Southerners (Nanfangren) have a funny and strange accent. Are they really Chinese?! CC looks Korean to me ..! (Haha, don't tell her; I'm only kidding!). Btw, thanks for a good comment.

• hello,teacher.we will learn a dialogue about a student want to get a summer job.we will also listen to the mini-dialogues to mark the intonation on the question and statement.And the last will play a game that about 30-second talks,the winner is the first person to reach the finish square.see you tomorrow.i feel very happy to see you again.
    • I'm glad you feel happy to have this old teacher again, Tian Jing! I am also happy to have your class again! ;-)

This reply was deleted.