2014b: Week 12b: Thursday, 27 November

(1) Short awards ceremony to show appreciation to the class for their commitment and dedication through the semester. Awards will go to the 3 best dialogue-pairs, the best individual oral contribution, the best vocab test results, the best EC comments, and to the most persistent student.

Movie. We can watch one of 3 movies (if Liu Yufan could get us a media classroom...!). You have to tell me which one you want to see! 1. "The Freedom Writers Diaries" about a female teacher who was a model teacher; 2. "The Ron Clark Story" about a model male teacher in New York; or 3. "Walk to Remember" which also takes place at a campus, but it is a love story. So, most votes for one of these movies and we'll watch that movie!

Comments: This is then the last opportunity if you want to make a last comment (students don't return to this website afterwards ... so, it would certainly be your last comment here!). If you don't want to comment, it is okay. But to those of you who'd like to write something, tell me about your progress in English and what this year (two semesters) meant to you. I will reply to any comment (even if it is after our last class!).

P.S. Vocab Results: I attach the results of today's vocab test here. The correct answers are in bold. If you can't open it, I can send it to Liu Yufan on qq if required. Just let me know, pse. I noticed that at least one student achieved 100% ... and I know of one teacher who is very proud of you! I'll publish the individual results later.

Class 13 - Vocab paper Nov 2014 - ANSWERS.odt

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,John. At first,I want to watch the third movie "Walk to Remember". Then,I'd like to say that I love you and your class. I think the progress is made in imperceptibly. I improved my English in every comment,communication,debate,role play and so on... It is very useful to my English skills of your teaching. And I am really looking forward to the next semester courses in 2015. Thanking for your teaching and tolerance. At last,I must say you are a lovely teacher and elder to me. That's all.
    • Thank you for such a lovely comment, Crystal. I am not sure that I deserve all your sweet words (as I know that I have so many shortcomings and was not always so pleasant in the class); but thank you anyway. You are very different from other Chinese students as the Chinese seldom say in public that they love someone (which is actually sad, in my eyes). So, thank you for saying that; you surprised me today! You know by now that I love you too. I was looking up to today's class as I knew deep in my heart I would 'crack' when I have to say goodbye to a class that I got to love so much (and with the knowledge that I will not be here next year); but on the other hand was I looking forward to it to hand out the awards to show my appreciation to the class and watch a good movie with my class. I will miss you, Crystal.

• Hello,teacher.I think I am interested in the first movie,maybe is moving.And I have to say,I have a lot of disadvantages in English,so I need to make persistent efforts.What's more,your class also inspired me.Now I think I am more keen interest in English,especially the English movies.And you know,speaking and singing is two differents things and I hope I can sing a English song perfect.I have been practicing.See you.

• Sorry that we didn't watch you movie choice, Hou Yan! I didn't have a look at the website to see what the students wanted to watch as our power was off last night when I got here after evening class and I couldn't get online. But I asked Liu Yufan by text message and she told me the majority wanted to watch the love story! But, if you believe that this little grey teacher has inspired you (thank you), you must try to watch that movie about Mr Clark - that is a true inspiration! If you can't find it, pse let me know and I'll bring it to you or one of your classmates on my USB disc so that you can copy it (Mr Clark wouldn't mind as this is for a good educational purpose!). I'm happy to read that you are more interested in English now and even learning to sing an English song; sorry that I will never hear it! But pse continue and never give up! I am glad you have been part of our class, Hou Yan. You are a very special girl and I'll miss you very much.

• Good evening,i want to reply a few days ago.but my computer has some troubles.first i want to said sorry that in the vocabulary,i haven't notice the "v" and "n".i think i must have a poor score.i am so sad during this period,i don't know that because the autumn or because myself.time goes too fast,not only the time we have your classes,but the time in the university.we only have nearly one year to spend there,i don't know where to go and what to do in the future,when i become the adult.maybe we are already the adult. The thought of these i feel confused .i only can use the way that work hard,i don't know which another way i have.when this time,i miss my family more.i think i should fight for them.oh..i think i am off-topic,so sorry. i knew that tomorrow will look a movie,i think the third will be more funny.because we are in the youth.and maybe we can have recollections of the past.next reply will be next year 2015.i have heartfelt blessing that you will be happiness in 2014 and 2015.i will improving constantly in English. HETTY
    • Thank you, Hetty, for this comment. I must admit, I feel somewhat sad when realizing it is probably our last communication through this way. I have enjoyed reading most of the comments and replying to them. One thing I have thoroughly enjoyed, was when you and some of your classmates shared something from their hearts (like you have done now), as in a way it tells me that a student has regarded me worthy to share from the heart. So, thank you for this chat. Btw, you were not really off topic as I invited these kind of comments in a way. Yes, university years fly by quickly, and before one knows, it's over. So, I always tell students when I can, to enjoy these years. I think our university years are our most precious years of our lives. I understand what you tried to tell me. I know that most Chinese students know no other way of dealing with these life issues. So, I guess you have to continue making the best you can through the ways you know best. You are welcome to continue the discussion later. I often get students writing to me to my email address. I will always reply! If you are interested, you can use my qq email, or my other address is j3bester@yahoo.com. Thank you for your good wishes, Betty. May you also have a blessed year ahead of you. I will miss you so much.

• Hello, teacher.Oral English class of this semester will be over, every time we say goodbye  is sad, but we'll meet again  next semester.Through English learning of this semester  , I think I improved my oral English ability, but I think more important is we discuss the different content and subject of learning,this let me  have different views for some things, such as Likeqiang self-study English, this thing had a great influence on me, thank you for your education.I will do my best to study English.next class  we will watch the movie as usual.I am so happy liuyufan have apply the media classroom.:)I will miss you, teacher.thank you from my heart.

ps:I can watch the attach of correct answers.

• Thank you, Amy, for this last comment from you! I am happy to read that you learned much from our classes. Yes, I also think that you and most of your classmates have improved their English level. I am so happy that I could be part of that. I will miss you too very much; you and most of your classmates are very deep in my heart.

P.S. Thank you for telling about opening the attachment! ;-)

• Good afternoon,John.i am glad to the first comment person in this class,though it's the last lesson and maybe it'a the only chance i can comment at the first.we will see the movie,the front two are about teacher,and the third is about a love story.i see i like the third.The test about vocabulary the last class, you remind of the word is which i know the chinese meaning,but i can't write it.Finally,i looking forward to knowing who will be rewarded. though the class is finished but we still  can communicate in website.

• Thank you for being the first to comment on this lesson, Cynthia! We'll the class has come and gone and I hope you could follow the dialogue in the movie and that you eventually enjoyed it. So, and now you also know that you and your friend, Amy, have also been among the award receivers. I guess you didn't expect that, did you?! Well done! ;-)

This reply was deleted.