2014b: Week 11a: Tuesday, 18 November

(1) Music lesson: The Rose by Westlife/Bette Midler

P.S. Liu Yufan, may I ask you to bring your sound system to class, please?!

(2) Enjoy English: The Adoption

Do yourselves the favour and check out this website as I'll refer to it during the lesson: www.halfthesky.org

P.S. Oh, and don't forget to listen to Tara's News bulletin!

The Rose - S.pdf

The Rose(1979).mp3

13 - W11a - The Adoption.pdf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, maybe that's why people are pursuing love, Wang Shuaitian, but why is it that the love is often not lasting? In the first year or so, the couples are much in love, but then it starts to fade and the men spend more time with their friends. Why is that? Was that true love? Was it not perhaps a mixture of love and lust? Or was it because of the example that they see from grandfather and father, and even teachers and leaders? No wonder love can also be like a razor ... If there would have been more true (real) love in the world, don't you think there would have been fewer orphans and abandoned children? I hope I'm challenging your mind into thinking mode ...

• I like the definition of love that is "love is hunger, an endless, aching need. If you fall in love with each other. You will want to see each other  and want to stay with each other all the time.If you can't see each other and you will miss your lover very much and even can't stop to miss.And I have read the English story about Tiffany's dilemma. I think she should to meet her real parents, they gave her life though they didn't raise her. May be her real parents have their own secret sorrow which forced them to give up her. I think the girl should give an opportunit to her real parents to explain. Tiffany's adoptive parents will also support her even though they afraid that the girl leaves them. But they are so kindness that can understand the feeling between parents and kids.

• Wang Jiajia, do you really think the biological parents would tell Tiffany the truth about abandoning her? The passage says they intend to start a relationship with her, but if the reason for abandoning her was a bad reason and it'll put them in a negative light, I'm sure they would not tell her the truth. So, would she ever know the truth about them? Is there really any valid reason for parents to abandon their children, their own flesh and blood? That's the one question I would like to ask the class tomorrow. The second question I am interested in, I'll ask tomorrow; it'll also be the last question for the day. I hope I would get at least one positive answer ...

• I have downloaded the two different songs.^_^See you tomorrow~~
    • Thank you my sweetest class monitor!

2393201618?profile=original

• Love is a kind of emotion that represents attachment, admire, close, selfless between the person and person. Love is part of human nature, the narrow sense refers to the love between couples, broad sense also includes the love between friends and relatives of love.Healthy love is true, which is a kind of virtue to others. Unhealthy love is blind.Healthy,which might cause trouble and even harmful to others.At all times and in all countries, there are a lot of description and praise of love literature, such as poetry, fiction film etc.All ethnic groups have expressed love festival. Valentine's Day is also called the Valentine's day or St. Valentine's day, which is February 14th of each year, is one of the western traditional festivals. In China, the traditional festivals of the Tanabata Festival known as the Chinese Valentine's day.
    others.at - This website is for sale! - others Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! others.at is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what…
    • I don't think love can hurt people; I would say it is rather the rejection of another's love that can cause that person pain and grief. But love as such is a healing entity and people with hearts full of love, live longer than people with hearts full of hatred. And if there was more sacrificial love in today's world, there would not have been so many orphans and abandoned children. Now they are there because people's love is restrictive and mostly only includes love toward lovers, family, parents and siblings. That is selfish love. And of course, sadly, the world is full of that.

• Hello,john.you give us a good listening song.the rose was written by Amanda Mcbroom .and Westlife cover the song again.the lyrics is classic which can struck deep into minds of people.for example “Lies the seed that with the sun's love,In the spring becomes the rose”。 About the week story ,i think Tiffany should not meet her real parents.first when she was two yeas old she was abandoned by her real parent that is cruel for a little girl.second i mean if Tiffany meet her real parent ,it is unfair for her adoptive parent. Maybe they will feel sad and tough.and Tiffany’s real parent don’t have right to meet their daughter.if Tiffany go to meet her real parent ,the first question she will ask maybe that it is why she was abandoned .see you
    • Tian Jing, you are such a clever girl! You are the first one who knows who wrote that song! Yes, it was indeed Amanda McBroom and the song formed in her mind when driving in her car in 1977 while listening to music on the car radio. So, then "The Rose" was born! I agree totally with you about Tiffany not meeting her biological parents as it would be so unfair to her adoptive parents who already gave fourteen years of their lives to raise her and love her. You are right too about the first question she would want to ask them (should she decide to meet them), but what is the point of doing that? Do you really think the parents would tell her the truth if thee wasn't a valid reason for abandoning her? No, they surely wouldn't so that they can look good in her eyes, I am sure. But besides that, is there really any valid reason in the world today to abandon one's child? I would like to hear what your classmates answer to this question tomorrow. ;-)

• Oh,sorry,teacher.I did misstanding the real means of the news.I had read it one more time.I really think Tiffany should go back to her biological parents even though they abandoned her for many years.Because i think no matter how to think of this problem.She should go.Firstly,her biology parents gave birth to her.this kind of kinship can not be ignored and denied.The blood relationship connecte her with her biological parents together.Nothing could apart them.And on the other hand,this relationship is lawful.Second,now that her biological parents abandoned her,they must be had many problems so that they had to leave her.As people say that there are cruelhearted children but not cruelhearted parents.At least in China,according to the Chinese traditional culture,it is the truth.Last but not least,Leaving her adopted parents do not means she will put away them.She has duty to pay back them.
    her.as is parked
This reply was deleted.