Replies

• Hello,teacher.DO you like coffee?I just know little about it,because in my hometown,people often drink tea than coffee.The coffee corporations make huge profits by selling the farmers' coffee,but the coffee farmer is poor,it's unfair.And the situation is the same as the tea corporations.Only the farmer all negotiate with the coffee corporations can the plight of the world's poor coffee farmers could be better.
    • Yes CC, I like drinking coffee. And what about you?! I started drinking coffee from the age of one year old (I think!) and I am still crazy about coffee! And I am happy to notice that China's coffee industry is also growing rapidly! But I think China must learn from the mistakes of the west and implement policies to protect the farmers here so that the Chinese coffee companies would not exploit them as in the western countries.

• Good evening,teacher.I have seen the attachment of next class,Next class ,we will learn some vocabularies and then talk about the black gold,the coffee.And then have a debate.As for me, I don’t always watch documentary films.But I enjoy watching them.I am not a coffee drinker,because I think coffee is kind of bitter.But sometimes I will drink coffee in order to keep awake.About the trade,I think a coffee farmer can only make a little from a cup of coffee sold in the west.The most profit is from the selling part.We will also discuss some questions about the coffee farmers.That’s all. Looking forward to seeing you next class.
    • Liu Yufan, have you ever thought of adding a little sugar to sweeten the coffee?! I can guarantee you that it works! And as I have a refrigerator, I keep some fresh milk and add a little too and then the taste is even better! You and Tan Jingping can visit me one day and I'll serve you some good coffee! :)

Btw, I noticed that your comment was done about thirty minutes before the new cut-off time! I guess that was after arriving back in the dormitory from the classroom and you were already tired, right?! No, your comment is okay, but I've seen some more improved comments from you before! ;-)

• hi,john,this is ann. the topic in next class is coffee. i like watching documentary films,because it always academic and interesting and can boraden my horizons.in fact,i do not drink coffee fruquently cause much drinking do harm to our body.i think the most profit of coffee produce is come to international coffee companies while a little comes to farmers. the film BLACK GOLD is about the situation -the small coffee farmers in developing countries gets a little for labor but international coffee companies get a lot by selling the coffee to consumers. so some ones trying to protect farmers'profit by unite farmers to get fair pricrs for their lobar.
    http://horizons.in/
    See related links to what you are looking for.
    • Ann, I'm not sure whether that is completely correct, though many students here said that they heard about coffee being unhealthy to the body. I am drinking coffee for more than fifty years and I think I am still in relatively good health! So, maybe it doesn't apply to all people?! China is also starting to produce coffee nowadays; so, you must get used to drinking a little coffee! ;-)

• I seldom drink Coffee, but I know something about Coffee common sense.Coffee and tea, cocoa is known as the world's three largest beverage plants.Daily drinking coffee is made with coffee beans. Coffee is through the coffee tree fruit nuts with the appropriate method of baked.Drinking coffee can ease the physical fatigue. In addition, a cup of coffee to drink when in a good mood, can be in the taste of coffee at the same time, feel the beauty of life.But Coffee is not suitable for all people, such as pregnant women, cancer patients and the elderly and so on.In addition Coffee will also affect people's sleep, often drink Coffee is not conducive to good health.The following is the etiquette problems to the attention of the drink Coffee.You should use your thumb and forefinger to seize the cup to drink Coffee;Coffee spoon is used to stir the Coffee, drinking Coffee when it should be taken out;To Coffee sugar, sugar can be used Coffee spoon scoop into the cup;it is not politeto bow to drink Coffee and noise .
    • Li Zimu, if this was your own work and thoughts, then this was a very good comment, better than anyone's here. But, what you commented about, was more the general thoughts about the coffee drinking culture (though very interesting). You forgot to mention some facts about the story behind the Black Gold what the lesson is about. That was what I am looking for; to see if the students understand the lesson for the next class.

• Good evening,teacher.I have known the content of the next class.In the next class,we will discuss a lot of problems about coffee.I known that Brazil is the largest countries that product coffee in the world. The poor live a hard life in Brazil.They often go hungry .But the rich go to work by helicopter. What is more,when I learned in the senior high school,I often drink Coffee.Since I learned in the university, I seldom drink.In my opinion,coffee is addicted to drink easily.What is the most important,drinking too much coffee is bad for our health.I am looking forward the next class.See you tomorrow.
    • Cao Hualin, are you sure coffee is so bad for our health?! I started drinking coffee when I opened my eyes (I think!), and I still drink coffee (up to five cups per day!) and I think my health is still okay! It may be true that one can get addicted to coffee; I agree. But you know what?! I would rather be addicted to coffee than to alcohol and nicotine (cigarettes) because I have never seen coffee drinkers misbehave, but drinkers and smokers have a lifestyle of misbehaviour. I agree that the poor farmers should be protected against the rich coffee companies.

This reply was deleted.