Replies

• Hello, teacher. I have known the content of the next lesson. I enjoy watching documentary. My favorite documentary is The Rise of the Great Powers. It explores the reasons behind the prosperity of several world power. But I have not heard of the British documentary called Black Gold. And I am not a coffee drink.. Always drinking coffee is not good for health. And why do you think coffee is referred to as “Black Gold”? In my opinion, coffee profit is mainly because of exploiting coffee famers. The quality of coffee is depended on coffee famers. Because they plant coffee. They do the most important and hardest things, but they can only get very little income. Coffee profit is black. So I think improving the income of coffee famer is fundamental method to develop coffee industry.
    • Haha Ada, if you know how nice coffee tastes (ask Hetty!), you would try it out! Unhealthy?! Well, I started drinking coffee since I opened my eyes (I think!) and I am still alive and well after more than half a century on this planet! Why 'black' gold? I think it is for the simpke reason that the colour of coffee is black!

• Good morning,teacher,firstly i want to say i haven't get angry in last class.i knew i didn't tell the news very well.like you said ,it is different,and i just learn about the meaning about it.but you know i don't have so many word to expressed it.so sorry,that is duty to me.and for the weekend,i have a party with sthudents.that because we are in the same orgnization,and we need to learn about each other,and there are so many freshmans,so boys are excited. for the next class,i know that is about coffee.i like it very much,of course,not only because they can make us awake,the taste is also nice.the film is about coffee because black gold and small coffee farmers in Ethiopia.there are two discussions ,i want to say about second,i think coffee have so much potential in the world.they can bring a lot of money to the coffee farmers.the plight of the world's small coffee growers need to be improved. lastly two topics need to be debated by us about selling 'fair trade coffee'. thanks for the useful expressions and transitions for debating, that is helpful to write our english article.see you,teacher.
    • Thank you for the comment, Hetty. I understood what you told me in class. About the organization and the scene I witnessed at Naonao's, I meant I don't think you belong there. I view you as an decent, well-educated and classy girl and I don't think that's your kind of group. Maybe you should consider pulling out before it is too late. Okay, it's for you to decide. It is after all your life. I just wanted you to know (because I think I care). And your comment about the topic is a good comment. It may not be too easy, but I think the class would at least learn something about coffee!

This reply was deleted.