Replies

• Hello,teacher.We will have a class about "Black Gold".I know it is about coffee.Unfortunately, I don't like to drink coffee. I seldom drink coffee.But I know a bit about coffee.Coffee is one of the most widely popular range of drinks, human society is also important economic crops.Tea and coffee, cocoa and called the world's three largest drinks.There are many famous coffee, such as:Gloria Jean's Coffees,luwak coffee,Mocha,Latte,Cappuccino Coffee and brazil coffee.But children should not drink coffee. Caffeine can be excited children's central nervous system, interfere with the children's memory, cause hyperactivity in children.I like to read about the history of the documentary.But I haven't seen the "Black Gold".I think a mini debate can give us some help, especially on listening and speaking.See you.
    • Tan Jingping, I am not sure whether that is correct that coffee is so popular ... in China beer is more popular ..! Or did you not include China in your statement?! I started drinking coffee when I opened my eyes (I think my mother fed me coffee in stead of milk!) and through all my school years and it didn't affect me negatively. So, maybe your statistics are for Chinese students only, right?! Btw, you must try it; coffee is really delicious!

• Hello,John.I'm glad that next class we will watch a film and learn something about coffee.This is the first time that I have heard the film named Black Gold.For documentary film,I prefer to watch with others in a big classroom rather than watch alone.In our country,I think the number of people who often drink coffee is high school students or someone needs to stay up.The coffee is use to be made people energetic.I guess tomorrow I can learn more from the film.See you tomorrow.
    alone.in - This website is for sale! - alone Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! alone.in is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what y…
    • Mary, where did you learn that we are going to watch a film? Did you copy what Nancy said (also incorrectly)?! You can find that film yourself; I don't have it. Have you read the worksheet? It doesn't appear like it ... I hope you would know more about the topic by the time we have tomorrow's class.

• Good afternoon,John.I am very excited about that we can also watch movies next class.Unfortunately,my PC can't open the movie.But don't worry ,I already know the content of the film.When I first saw this topic-"Black Gold" ,I was deeply attracted by it.I think this is a good movie about international coffee industry.Through this film I know that small coffee farmers in developing countries receive very little for their back-breaking labor.It's unfair.In fact,there are a lot of unfair things like that.In chaina,there are also a lot of farmers like the coffee farmers.I hope that it will change and they can have more faiely pay one day .
    Labor360 | Home
    • Nancy, sorry to disappoint you, but we are not going to watch a movie in the next class! I do not have that movie. You have to find it yourself! But you can't say, "through this film I know" ... as you haven't watched it. You can only make a comment on what you read in the worksheet. Yes, I noticed that some Chinese farmers have also started to grow coffee. I tasted a few Chinese brands, but I was disappointed. However, I discovered a nice Chinese coffee a while ago in a supermarket near my home. It is called "Blue Mountain coffee" and is really nice. So, I think the Chinese farmers are improving well in the coffee industry! Oh, and thanks for the other message. If I am not mistaken, I can regard most of your class as my friends too ..! ;-)

• Hello,teacher.I have seen the content in the next class.it is about the Black Gold that is coffee.coffee is my favourite drink because the coffee has good smell and delicious.in my opinion,the coffee are popular with many of people in the world,when we enjoy having coffee in the coffee bar,we will feel relaxation.And there are many people like drink coffee,so the businessman start the trade on coffee.but the trade is unfair for the farmer.the businessman exploit the work of farmers to get interest and pay less money for coffee farmers,it is lead to the farmer are poor.see you tomorrow.
    • Yes, it is always like that, Tian Jing, the middleman (in this case the businessmen) is always getting most of the money and the farmers (who do the hard work) only a little. So, you also like coffee? I am crazy about it (my favourite drink)! Tell Ada she would like coffee as soon as she tries it out!

• black gold is a nicname .It is just coffee.The coffee grow in the hot tropical,such as Africa and BRAZL .they are the biggest coffee producting area.Black gold is a movie,but i never saw it ,so i want to see it ,and i want to know the producting about coffee .I think it is very diffcult to product the coffee.I like coffee very much.In the passagre ,I have konwn ,the life is very hard to the ordinary farmer .Their life is hard.Although the coffee's price is increaasing, but their life is also hard.
    much.in - the truth is out there
    • Tina, I also haven't watched that movie. So, if you can find it, please copy it and I will get it from you! If you don't know where to find it, ask Meng Guimiao (Li Fengxiang's classmate in her other class) and I am sure he would help you! Oh, and pse tell Ada that coffee is very nice! ;-)

This reply was deleted.