Replies

• Hello teacher.I like drinking coffe. "Coffee" comes from the Greek word for "Kaweh", meaning strength and passion.Drink a coffee in the morning,and spirint all day.But I know coffee has disadvanges. Coffee could make the person suffer from insomnia, may also increase blood pressure .About coffee ,there are some problems. The coffee maker is very rich, but farmers are very poor. The world's largest coffee producer in Brazil. Labour is cheap. The farmer has a low social status. If government wants to change the status quo of the polarized seriously, it need them to formulate feasible policies.
    • Zhou Ying, I never knew that the name of coffee originated from the Greek language! Thank you for teaching me something here (I know I am never too old to learn)! Oh, and now I also know why I have so much energy by the time I get to class, because, before I step into your class, I already have two cups of coffee in! Insomnia means one can't sleep, right? I heard that too, but you know, I can have a last cup of coffee late at night and I can still go to bed and sleep. So, maybe it doesn't have the same effect on all people. Are you sure about the blood pressure ...?!

• Hello, teacher. I have looked the content of the next class. We will read an article about coffee, I'm sorry I haven't seen the British documentary film : black gold.But I like watching the documentary, such as: China's on the tip of the tongue, the march of the penguins, and so on.The documentary is always give a person with different feelings.Speaking of coffee, I don't like to drink coffee, because coffee can irritate the people, so I don't often drink coffee.But I am interested in coffee product itself, it was called black gold, first because it is black, then coffee is a kind of high interest products.so it is called black gold.Then we will learn some useful expressions and transitions for debating.that is all.see you.

• Amy, I too haven't watched that documentary film yet. I hope one of you students will get it for us and then I will borrow it as I like documentary films myself! What feelings do coffee give people?! I am a coffee drinker and I don't even stay awake longer as usual after drinking a cup. So, I wonder what those feelings are you are referring to. Remember, coffee doesn't have alcohol in; so, no additional feelings like beer ...!

• Hellow,John.This time I am not very late.I have read the content about next class.We will watch a movie about coffee.I do not like drinking coffee.But sometime I drink it because I am sleepy.I believe there are no pure coffee in China.I heard about when people first meet coffee,they confusion and give them to sheep,then people find the sheep are very exciting which ate coffee.And then people find coffee can paralysis nerve.And coffee can be used to making money.And now it is very popular and valuable.It is called Black Gold.That is all.See you tomorrow,sir.
    valuable.it
    This domain may be for sale!
    • I am glad you are not very late, Wang Shuaitian. That means I can go to bed earlier tonight! BUT, you are wrong that we are going to watch a movie! Where does it say that? I am surprised! Who is going to show us the movie? It is not me, I promise (as I don't even have that movie)! Haha, you would be surprised about China's coffee industry that is developing rapidly! At first (a few years ago) I wasn't impressed with Chinese coffee, but not long ago I started buying coffee from my local supermarket, called "Blue Mountain Coffee" from the South of China (maybe Yunnan), and let me tell you, that is really nice coffee! So, watch China; it's going to become a great coffee producer one day! Interesting (and quite funny!) story you told about the sheep eating the coffee beans! Yeah, they say coffee can keep one awake due to the caffeine in it; so, I guess that's what gave the sheep so much energy! :)

• Hello,teacher.This time i find an early time to give the comment.I asked for a leave to do the oral English work:) My work is to help sell lunch and dinner from 11:30a.m. to 1:00p.m. and from 5:00p.m. to 7:30p.m.I could not have done this job because my parents did not allowed me to do.They just worry about me as they think with this job i will not have meals regularly and tired. But i always feel my ability is weak.there are many things i culd not do at all.Especially i am lacking of social communicating abilities.I intended to improve this abilitiy by doing this work.So i chose to do it with my parents unknown.I am not willing them to worry about me.Oh,i think i told a lie again!It is truly that the salary is low.We only be paid 350yuan per month,but if we do not absent,we will get extra 50yuan.I got the 400yuan for the last month work.I think i had learned a lot through doing it.
    I like drinking coffee,especially during the time of preparing the Gaokao.Everyday we must review a large amount of knowledge and master them.We faced mounting pressures.Drinking coffee could help us refreshed.But as time goes by,with some news said that people may addictive.So in order not to be much depend on it even addicted into drinking it,i try to find another drink to replace it--tea.Now i only pay for a cup of coffee when i think of drinking coffee suddenly.As far as i know,Brazil is the country which product the largest amount of coffee in the whole world.It is rich with coffee beans.The price of labor is low due to their backward economics.The farmers' benifit is at the bottom of production chains.Caused the richers are much richer and the poors are much poorer.It is a common problem for many developing countries ,so as for China.it is necessary to make many effective policies to deal with it.

Work.so
    Work.soは国内最大級のバイト情報サイトです。アナタが探す希望のアルバイトを掲載しております。最新のバイト情報をチェックしたいなら見るしかない!!
    • Wow Kelly, are you so serious about your English ...?! I am impressed! Thank you for explaining your hours of work (as I was confused last time!). Yes, it is low pay (for 112 hours per month!), but for a student 400 Yuan is not bad (and I think they give you a meal every time, right?)! And as you said, you gain good experience. Oh, and I don't think parents have to know about everything we do! As you said, they worry unnecessarily!

Yes, they say coffee can become addictive (because of the caffeine), but you know what, Kelly?! I would rather become addictive to coffee than to alcohol and nicotine (cigarettes) as I have witnessed the worst behaviour from men who are addicted to the latter two. They say they aren't addicted, but truth is they can't live without that. I have never seen that drinking coffee causes a man to behave badly! But did you know that tea can also become addictive as it also contains caffeine?! Haha, I'm not sure about Chinese tea, but I know western tea has caffeine in it. But it is so nice ..! I agree, China's coffee industry is growing fast, and they should look at policies to protect the farmers before the same phenomenon happens here. ;-)

• Hello,John. I don't have seen the film. But from the web site can know the film's main content. I like to drink coffee, but often don't drink, will not be so often go to starbucks. There are coffee refreshing the role of, but I think I drink coffee and don't have any effect. I don't drink coffee is often a big reason is that it will accumulation in the body melanin. I'd like to the west should coffee is not very expensive, after all, their country in the coffee has become a necessities. In China, although instant coffee is cheap, but pure coffee prices or higher. For I know a little coffee, Brazil is the biggest producer of coffee, and there are also China's export small amount of coffee, yunnan is little grain of coffee. Looking forward to the topic of tomorrow.

• Cynthia, I know there is caffeine (a stimulant) in coffee (and western tea) which they say is not too healthy (and it keeps some people awake), but I don't know about that thing you mentioned ("melanin"?). I guess that is what makes coffee so dark, right? Yes, pure coffee is still expensive in China, but China is producing more and more coffee and soon (in a few years) I think the prices would fall. I have already tasted some nice coffee from the South of China (maybe Yunnan?) called "Blue Mountain coffee". So, China is catching up with the coffee culture!

This reply was deleted.