2014b: Week 10a: Tuesday, 11 November

(1) Short Intonation practiceYou don't have to comment on this part of the lesson as it will be very short.(2) Friendship discussion in small groups. This is an English Club lesson and can also be viewed here (if you can't open the attachment): https://www.englishclub.com/esl-worksheets/conversation/TP_Friendship.pdf

Topic - Friendship - Eng Club.pdf

13 - W10a - Short Intonation practice.rtf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hello ,john.I have looked the content next class.first,we should retell the news about Jupiter Stares Back at NASA.But i have to say ,the news is diffcult,i will try my best to practice it.and then we will discuss the topic about the friendship.I think the friendship is an important part in our life .and i firmly believe :A friend is someone who knows all about you...and still likes you.because i think this is true friends.and i think men and women can be platonic friends.and i think friend should have some common things ,for example,interests,belief,because of it ,we can be friends.that's all.looking forword to next class.see you.

• Yes Amy, the news may be difficult, but I hope you read my first comment on this lesson, or I hope Liu Yufan told you about it as she must have noticed and read it. Don't try to memorize it! Sum it up in your own words; it doesn't matter if it is shorter. So, you think platonic friendship can work? How sure are you that platonic friends wouldn't fall in love if they see each other too often ..?! You can tell me tomorrow.

• Hi,teacher.Next class,we will discuss friendship.I think friends and family all important ,especially when you far away from home,friends' care is very important.I became a boarder when I went to junior high school,what's more ,I didn't have a mobile phone until I went college.So I spend most time with my friends and the more time we need to help each other.In fact,I started to have real friends from that time.Now,we go to college in different places and contract less and less.In the other hand,we all have new friends,but it doesn't mean we are not friends.We are going to leave and meet new people,but friends still stay in our hearts.So when you recall the past,you still remember the happy days.Now my best friend is in Changchun and we met in high school.Although we didn't have so many same hobbies,we still have many topics.What's more, we almost no quarrelling.Although we contact less now,I still think there are some thing in connection with us.

About what the Japanese said last class,I think knowledge is not the most important,the more important is to be a real man.A good teacher can teach students to be upright people and stick to moral whether poor or rich.So if someone remember that,it's more important than he take many years to learn more knowledge.

http://college.So/
    • Wow Hou Yan, you didn't have a cell phone while at school?! That is so rare for China, isn't it? Oh, I admire you that you still got through those years. I'm glad that you had good friends during that time. Hold on to that friendship with your Changchun-friend; friendships are precious and we should look after them. ;-)

So, you think that one day with a truly great teacher would be better than many years of gathering knowledge (but with mediocre or bad teachers)? I reconsidered my reply in class to Cynthia. Have you seen it? You can read it here: http://my.englishclub.com/forum/topics/2014b-week-9b-thursday-6-nov.... If you can't find it, go to the lesson for Week 9b and scroll down through the comments till you get to Cynthia's comment and then my second reply to her. I guess that is exactly what you feel, right?! ;-)

• I didn't have a cell phone in the middle and high school,but that time we went to home every week,so it wasn't too tough.I agree with your replay to Cynthia,it remains me of a song lyrics,the most important thing is invisible,such as care,love,courage and faith.

• Good evening teacher.I think friendship is a person's precious wealth. I think friends like family.In my heart, She does not need how smart and pretty. We depend on each other,and trust each other. We may have a quarrel, but won't influence our feelings.We treat this friendship as a part of our life. Love is a lamp,and friendship is the shadow, when the lights went out, while you will find that your all around is the shadow. Friend is the one who can give you strength at last.My best friend is a genuine person. She knows my inferiority, my bitterness.Although we go to different college,our friendship never changed.This is my friendship from the bottom of my heart.

• Wow Zhou Ying, it sounds so beautiful ... "love is the lamp and friendship the shadow" ...! You must be a very romantic girl, I guess! But I agree with you that friendship is very precious (like jewels) and we must take good care of them. ;-)

• Hello,teacher.I know we will recite a very difficult news.Then we will have a discussion about freinds.I have two good friends, they are my high school classmates.One of the good friends now is in jinzhou, she also come here to see me last month.A tacit understanding between us, can tolerate each other, each other love each other, even if long time don't meet, meet again also not embarrassed.We have never been quarrelling, at ordinary times what happy things to share, will also talk to each other when we are not happy, then comfort each other.Another good friends she is now in dalian.We all know each other's parents, we have similar experiences and world view.We often go crazy together, play together.We go to school together, after school together, go shopping together ang have a walk together.I think friends are very important.Now at home far less then friends together of the day.A lot of problems friends will understand ourselves better.Friends and we age quite, there are a lot of common topic.I think friends is not most important as their families with similar background, similar hobbies and things like that, the most important are she can understand me, two people together can be tolerant to each other, encourage each other and heart.Friendship should be the most clean and pure.See you.
    • Tan Jingping, did you read the very first comment after the lesson? I hope Liu Yufan told you about it as she read it. I said NO reciting! It would be disastrous if you try to recite or memorize it. Use your own words to sum it up even if it is shorter (it doesn't matter). You don't have to tell every detail. Happy to read about the great friendships you have. We must look after our friendships as they are very special. Friends of the same gender just understand one another so much better. And they can have so much fun together, as you said, doing crazy things together! Oh, and I think these friendships are much better than the friendships between bf's and gf's ...! :)

• Hello, teacher. I have listened the news--Jupiter Stars Back at NASA. It proves the mystery of universe again. The Unknown Universe needs us to explore. Friendship, I think it is a good topic. As for all of us, it is lonely without a friend. Just like me, I am deeply afraid of loneliness. In my opinion, it is important to have the same opinions and taste. Because of the same opinions and taste, she will know you and you will feel comfortable when you associate with her. If not, you maybe always argue with others because of daily things, then, your friendship will face the crisis. A scientist ever did a experiment. He compared some people’s income with their friend’s, and he found that people’s income is average of their friend’s. As a saying goes, birds of a feather flock together. Thus, having the same financial status is also important. You will have a similar life style, and the one doesn’t need inferiority.
This reply was deleted.