2014b: Week 10a: Tuesday, 11 November

(1) Short Intonation practiceYou don't have to comment on this part of the lesson as it will be very short.(2) Friendship discussion in small groups. This is an English Club lesson and can also be viewed here (if you can't open the attachment): https://www.englishclub.com/esl-worksheets/conversation/TP_Friendship.pdf

Topic - Friendship - Eng Club.pdf

13 - W10a - Short Intonation practice.rtf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hello,John.we will discussion the friendship for us and how we treat friend.i think friend is important to everyone ,in some way friend is likely to our family.my best friend is my classmate ,she is kind .she alawys tolerant me when i have bad mood.i believe our friendship Will last forever although we do not conatct with each other usually.i think a friendship can last lifetime but not all the friendship we have.for example when we in the university,maybe we are not in the same area,we lost conact with some friends by the time go away which make us feel sad.i perfer going on holiday with friends because stay. with friends can more intersting than stay with family.we can talk anything .see you tomorrow.
  • Hello, John. Next lesson we will discuss the topic of the friendship. We all need friendship, especially in school, friendship is even more important than families love. My best friend she is my junior high school students, we have seven years know each other, and we want to be the acompany lady in each other when we get married . ^ O ^ I look for friends with two standards, the first point is kindness, the second point is simple. Almost all our good friends of main have this qualities. Good friends can accompany your whole life, “ there is no shortcut to feelings, only business”. I think there is a Platonic friendship between men and women, and with the increase of age, this feeling will be more pure. Looking forward to next class, goodbye, John.。
    • You mean both of you would be the bridesmaid on each other's wedding, Zhou Yuqi? But did you know that the norm is that only unmarried friends should be the best man and bridesmaid, not married people? So, the one of you that marries last, should not have the other one as bridesmaid as she would then already be married! Oh, and another thing, to get married, one should first have a bf ... Maybe you should start looking if you have urgent aspirations of getting married as soon as you finish your studies! And about platonic friendships between members of the opposite gender ... do you really think that the two wouldn't fall in love eventually?! :)

• LAST REPLY:

Students, please take note: From today I am not going to reply to comments coming in after 10pm on the evening prior to the class. If you comment after 10pm, I will note your comment the next day (after class), but no more replies from me. You can't prepare properly for the next day's lesson if you wait till after 10pm on the day before your morning class. Thank you.

• Good evening,teacher.I have known the content of the next class.First,we will share the new about Jupiter.Second,we will discuss a lot of problems about friend in the next class.In my opinion, frendship is important for everyone.It is the most important for friendship that you can understand and support each other.What is more,when you make a mistake, a true friend will remind you and help you to correct it.Maybe you will have a lot of quarrels, but quarrels does not make friendship disappear.A few days later, you are the same as before.I am looking forward the next class.See you tomorrow.
    • Cao Hualin, before you attempt to memorize Tara's news, please read my comment in that regard (the first comment on this lesson), or ask Liu Yufan what I said. That will save you an unnecessary headache! Oh, and I agree with you that quarrels and disagreements between roommates shouldn't ruin the friendships, but indeed bring them closer. Okay, there may be exceptions, but in general I think this would be the case.

• Hello,John.I have looked through the contact of our tomorrow class.It is about friendship.I think friendship is very important in my life,and it can be more important than relationship sometimes.Because friends can know more about me than families in some aspets.Sometimes,we talk with friends about our things instead of mother and father.My best friend is a boy called LiuXin,we have been friend since seven years ago.We know about each other,even can guess the other's thoughts.I am very lucky that I have him.That's all.
    • Thank you for your comment, Crystal. So, you and Liu Xin are then what we would call, platonic friends. I guess you would then believe that platonic friendships between members of the opposite gender can work, right? Are you sure you and Liu Xin will never fall in love ...? Or maybe you wouldn't mind if that happens ..?!

Btw, are you okay?

• Hello,John.I'm sorry that sometimes I didn't read you reply,because sometimes I'm too busy,and when I went back to the dormitory,we had had no Internet and electricity.Most of the time I read your reply.I'll see your reply in time in the later days as far as possible.Next class we will discuss something about friendship.I think friendship is very important in our life.I can't imagine how alone if we don't have any friends in our life.but I disagree the point that good friends must have similar characters.I have a friend who is very different from me,and she is outgoing but I'm a little quiet.Sometimes she took me out to play and saw many new things,sometimes I took her to bookstore to have a quiet reading.She is now far from me and I miss her so much.when we meet,we always have a lot of things to talk.That'all.See you tomorrow!
    • It's okay, Mary; I don't consider myself so important that everyone must read my replies! As long as I know some students are reading it, it's okay; and if you read it from time to time, it's also okay as it's not that important. I understand that you are busy with your studies. Yes, I agree that it must be very difficult and lonely to be without friends. I personally think some friends can even be more important than family!

This reply was deleted.