2014b: Week 10a: Tuesday, 11 November

(1) Short Intonation practiceYou don't have to comment on this part of the lesson as it will be very short.(2) Friendship discussion in small groups. This is an English Club lesson and can also be viewed here (if you can't open the attachment): https://www.englishclub.com/esl-worksheets/conversation/TP_Friendship.pdf

Topic - Friendship - Eng Club.pdf

13 - W10a - Short Intonation practice.rtf

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The news may be difficult, Pauline, but remember what I said about it in the first comment of this lesson - don't try to memorize it; it would be a disaster! Tell me in your own words (it doesn't have to be exactly as Tara told it).

Wow Pauline, that sounds like a wonderful friend you have in Dalian! Pity you are so far apart (but fortunately you also have wonderful roommates, not so?!). Yes, friendships are precious and we should look after them. They are even more important than the friendships with bf's and gf's I believe! :)

• Good afternoon,teacher.Fortunately I can open the link and HouYan's computer can still open the attachment.It means you uploaded the pictures successfully.Next class,we will first recite the difficult news.Then we will talk about friends.I remember that you once told us your best friend.The friendship is valuable.I have two friends who have known me for 15 years.They are a boy and a girl.Our parents work in the same place,and we all live in the same residential building.We studied in the same primary school and middle school and we always went to school together.Our childhood is very happy.No matter how long we haven't seen each other,we will not be umfamiliar.I feel so lucky to have the two friends.Now the girl is in XiAn and the boy is in SiChuan,I miss them.I will not lose the contact with them in my whole life.In my opinion,a friend is who knows you well.You have a lot to talk with her.You want to share your happiness with her.And she will always be happy to see your seccess.When you get into trouble,friend will help you immediately.You grow up together in the lifetime.Having a true friend is one of the happiness things in the world.^_^ See you on next class.
    attachment.it
    This domain may be for sale!
    • Liu Yufan, please read my comment to the class on page 3 of this lesson (just after Zhou Yuqi's comment). I am now tired of waiting on the students to comment in time. From now on 10pm on the evening prior to the class, is going to be the cut-off. I'll discuss it further in class tomorrow. Thank you.

• Liu Yufan, you were first this time! Congrats! ;-) Thanks for the feedback about the attachments, but that wasn't what I meant! I was referring to the pictures I upload (post) together with the lesson content; as you can see, this time it really looks boring and uninterested with no pics to lighten it up!

Yes, one should always guard one's friendships as they are precious. I have lost some friendships during my lifetime, but I always felt sorry about it. There is a word that says, "A friend can be closer than a brother", and I think it is often true as I've experienced it my life. Some of my friends are very close (like your two friends).

• Students, something is wrong tonight with either my computer, or this website, as I can't upload pictures, and I can't do corrections or amendments to my post.

News by Tara: This week's news is again not easy ... You can't try to memorize the passage (which you have hopefully listened to a few times); it is too difficult (about a NASA project on planet Jupiter). So, tell me the news in your OWN words. Sum the passage up and change it into your own words. Thank you.
This reply was deleted.