There are some new fables to practise on EnglishClub.com. These are short stories with morals. You probably know them in your own language. Some of the language is a bit outdated, but most of it is useful. You can practise reading them in this group. 

Aesop's Fables

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice one, Nadira!

(^_^)

• Good one, Nadira. Keep it up.

By the way, what do you think of A WORD A DAY ? I would have liked other members to participate and post recordings of the same word or any other related word of their choice. They can also share their experience related to the word of the day and say something like: Oh, I always pronounced it my way until I looked up the dictionary or I was told by the teacher or I listened to the boo.

• The  word  a  day  is  excellent  and  to  bring  the best of it  members  : learners  and  advanced   speakers  alike , should  give  feed  back,  I usually  post  links  to  the many members  the  links  to a contribution , since of late  I have  been very  busy, making me contribute  less , nevertheless will try to  connect members  your excellent contributions  to  us  at Audio challenge

Thank you Sir

• Yet  again good  performance of story telling  .

Well done Mayumi 

• Two men were journeying together. One of them picked up an axe that lay upon the path, and said, “I have found an axe.” “Nay, my friend,” replied the other, “do not say ‘I,’ but ‘We’ have found an axe.” They had not gone far before they saw the owner of the axe pursuing them, and he who had picked up the axe said, “We are undone.” “Nay,” replied the other, “keep to your first mode of speech, my friend; what you thought right then, think right now. Say ‘I,’ not ‘We’ are undone.”

The moral of the story is: He who shares the danger ought to share the prize.

• The Two Dogs by Aesop
    • Well presented story  dear Mayumi.

There  is  confidence and a pleasant accent 

keep it up dear:)

This reply was deleted.