Be a Newscaster (2011)

[Note: With almost 10,000 comments here we have decided to start a NEW thread for 2012.  Please join us at Be a Newscaster 2012!]

Every Tuesday English Club publishes a weekly news report. There is a self study exercise to go with the story.

You can practise your speaking by recording your voice as you read the transcript. Upload your report in the comments below by using a program like Audioboo, or by recording it on your computer and using the paperclip above to upload the MP3 file. You can share your recording each week.

You can also record yourself answering the discussion question. Have fun!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Tara and friends!

Here my recording for the week :-)

• Hello Lama!

Just great! You pronunciation is so clearly and understandable!

And I like your intonation how you presented your recording. Thumbs up!

Best regards.

• Hi Valentine!

Thanks dear for your evaluation. It's always nice to see your lovely comments.

• Ohhhh, I love your accent and the way you read this text. As always, you did a great recording.

• Hi dear Manuella!

Thanks for listening and leaving behind such nice compliments.

• Hi Dear!

Right from the word go I’ve been mesmerized by your voice! If we were to look up to someone, it would be no one else other than my sweet Lama! You’re really the cream of the crop! I’m simply proud of you!

Regards,

~ GS ~
    • Hi my friend!

Man! You keep bewildering me with your kind sweet speech! Thanks dear for listening to my recording.

Take care,

Lama

• I like your British accent, Lama. Do you have some tips to have neutral accent when we talk in English? I guess I can't have the British accent, but I want to reduce my native accent when talking in English.
    • Hi Ario!

Firstly, thanks for listening to my recording. Secondly, well...my accent is not really Birtish; it's ,honestly, more like a combination of both American and British ;-P. As for the tips, well, I once published a blog pivoted on this exact topic. Here's the link:

http://my.englishclub.com/profiles/blogs/tips-for-speaking-english

I also wrote another blog concerning pronunciation and how to look like natives. You may be interested in having a look at it:

http://my.englishclub.com/profiles/blogs/pronunciation-clues-to-loo...

Hope you get benefit and enjoy your time :-)

• I have difficulty to understand the last blog post Pronunciation Clues because I don't really understand phonetic chart.

But, the first blog is great. I'll try to apply the tips. Thanks

This reply was deleted.