Be a Newscaster (2011)

[Note: With almost 10,000 comments here we have decided to start a NEW thread for 2012.  Please join us at Be a Newscaster 2012!]

Every Tuesday English Club publishes a weekly news report. There is a self study exercise to go with the story.

You can practise your speaking by recording your voice as you read the transcript. Upload your report in the comments below by using a program like Audioboo, or by recording it on your computer and using the paperclip above to upload the MP3 file. You can share your recording each week.

You can also record yourself answering the discussion question. Have fun!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yeah... i have a trouble on recording. I'll try to take mayumis' advice. Thanks for the comment,anyway.
    • goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood attempt
    • Wow! Wowwee! You're a great reporter MileyJ.!

I just had a little problem when I listened to you, maybe because of the loud sound.

Maybe you can try to adjust the volume when you record your voice to the very low adjustment. Then, when listening you can now adjust it to the higher adjustment. You can see the big difference of the sound quality when you try it.:)

• thanks mayumi...i will try to do it on my next report. 

@nadeem..thank u. give a try to :)

• I like to participate in your group. I think by doing so is an additional skills for me to be good at speech.:)

• Welcome to the group my friend!
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Your voice is good, keep it up
    • you sound nice but why u speak fast !
    • Hi Addel! You can be a good reporter I think..

I just wonder how the sound "i" should be pronounced in E. Coli.

• those  - try not  drag "o"

At the end  it  was fast, over all good :)  thumbs up 

This reply was deleted.