Construction

I share O.Wilde's point of view about experience:Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing.Oscar WildeI'd like to demonstrate here one of my greatest experiences up to now,which was the construction of our family house.I'd like to illustrate it with photos,for the better understanding of the big work that lays in it.We bought a plain and neglected piece of ground,with an old ramshackled house in the winter of 2002:

In the spring of next year we started to put the building site to right.

Till the end of the year 2003,we managed to put the house under roof:

We did everything with family help,wich was a very great effort:

In 2004 there were mainly works on electricity and works on the heating system and on water conduit,these were costly steps and financially quite hard period,so we progressed slowly.In 2005 we did all the interior design,painting etc. and upper floor walls together with my husband:

As we worked abroad that time,work advanced with baby steps,day by day:

I belive that visualizing every steps and strongly believe in our dream helped us succeed finally.It was a good therapy too,showing how strongly we kept holding on our goal to build our family "nest".Finally,in 2006 we moved in,after great struggles.Our house completed:

We are so proud we could carry out our plan at the expense of great sacrifices and self-denial,sometimes when I looking through those pictures,I can hardly believe,that all the work and sweats are over,thanks to God.Inside the house nowadays:

Our kitchen:

The bathroom:

the garage:

I think constructing a house is a good proof of optimism too.What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print.Isadora Duncan

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Atika!
    You are right,it's a big reward for us.
    At first I hesitated to share it or not,but finally I decided to do so,I have nothing to hide from friends,I just presented the last pics to view of the progress.
    Thank you your attention.
  • wow ....thank you for sharing this experience that teaches me to be patient to attain my goals your new house is very good ... sure you like it very much especially cuz you built it by yourself that's a very good experience
  • Dear Monika ,what a hard work ,but at the end a great reward ,and sharing your house's photos with us is giving us a piece of your own life ,and this is from a wonderful woman with a big heart .thank you .
  • Thank you M.Adaway your compliment.
    We didn't want to build in any extra things,it's just an average village house,that we could afford at that time.
    I'm graceful we could realize the draft,but I don't think we will ever start to build another house.
    This experience is enough to live through once in a life,in my opinion.
    :)
  • Thank you Anjana,I'm glad you liked my post.
    I can symphathize with anybody,whose house is still under construction....I wish you persistence, industrious work and ...lots of money(to win the national lottery:))
  • Thank you Nadiyah for your comment.
    You are right,our life is a constant construction,but we have a good Master to survey our progress and guide us in it.
    I Wish you a great time:
    -Monika-
  • such as the construction of your house, our lives are a construction ...

thanks for a nice topic, deep meaning!

-Nadiyah-
This reply was deleted.