Writing

Why do you write or why do you not write on EnglishClub?

Some of my friends do not write blogs or discussions. I see that some people only chat and use "Lazy English" instead of spelling out proper words. 

How can anyone help a person who does not try to write?  

Please answer and tell us why you write or why you don't write.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am glad you appreciated my comment  Mr. Bob.

The link you just shared with us is pretty useful and surely i am going to utilize my time and energy to learn and write something interesting. 

• Mr.Bob, thank you for share the above site. I find out it really will help me resolve my problem.

• Nice discussion. :)

I am an old user of EC :) and I used to be very active in discussions and blogs but then I got inactive for more than 2 years maybe due to my exams now I am back on EC after my exams so I am preparing myself to take part in blogs and discussions.

I really like to chat in the main group of EC it is fun there but I realized that I should improve my English by taking part in different discussions and writing different blogs and yes of course I would like to take part in TARA BANWELL'S writing challenges.

Thank you Mr.Bob. :)

• Thanks for asking this question, Bob! I'm curious about this too. 

• this is the way  i can interact with the people whom i do not know and also i can express my thoughts without hesitation and without any interrupt. When we speak to others there is a chance for interruption but not in writing

Let you know Mr.Bob ,

i have always problem while speaking to others but not that much  in writing. I am feeling some what freedom in Writing.  Can you help me Mr.Bob to speak without fear and without hesitation.

Also i do not have Vocabulary strength

• I'm sure you will improve Kali. Friends from when I first joined have improved and gone on to universities in English speaking countries. A lot of reading, writing and listening practice will also help you. Write some blogs. I wrote one about how to blog. Go to my page and find "My Blogging Friends" and ask me if you have questions. I want to see another friend go on to success.
    • Thank you Mr.Bob.

I assure you, I will write some blogs within few days.  Definitely i will find your page which you mentioned.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I'm sure you will keep improving Abdul.
  • In my case, I don't really write to become a good writer or to improve my English. I write when I feel like sharing my thoughts and ideas with others. 

I know I've a way to go in order to have a fluent or desirable level of English. But it's true I don't write for a purpose like improving :|

• Syed, you have named the most important reason for writing. Communicating our thoughts and ideas is a very human behavior. Before writing, it was necessary to speak directly with others. Now, we can share ideas from around the world and across the years. Thank you for your comment and please continue your writing. I will try to read about your thoughts and ideas.
This reply was deleted.