This week, we're celebrating Earth day. It would be great if we respect our planet by helping and finding solution to prevent the destruction of our natural resources. Planting trees, lessen carbon emissions, using solar energy and cleaning our rivers are some things that we could do to maintain the beauty of our planet.

I usually do the proper segregation of the garbage in my house. That way I can easily keep and sell old newspapers, plastic containers and bottles in a junk shop.

Everybody can make a difference even in just simple actions...

How about you?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nature is our mother we should try to respect it, many people talking about protection but I want to use respect intentionally, because when we want to talk about our parents we use "respect" word. 

I think one of the best ways for helping each other to have better life on the earth is less interfere in nature. I mean due to industrialization, we don't have this right that we can do everything. Conversely, I think sometimes we should avoid to ruin nature and environment in favor of benefits and trade. It should be a popular culture that we can ignore some of benefits in favor of nature, society, and our children in the next generations. So I think the best thing we can do is culture making background. 

• 1. Do proper waste disposal and segregation.

2. Apply the 3Rs.

3. Avoid cutting trees instead plant more of them.

4. Limit the use of appliances so that heat released in our surrounding is also limited.

5. Limit the production of disposable appliances or machines.

6. Educate people on how to protect the environment.

7. Implement environmental laws strictly.

• Really a good way to celebrate the Earth Day.Thanks for remembering us about this day. My friends and I have decided to go to office by combined car so that we could save fuel and and contribute to lessen the pollution.
  • I came across this post via a question I posted in the forum about the royal wedding. One of the members pointed out that there was a blog post about the environment that deserved more attention than the wedding. I couldn't agree more! 

These days my effort goes into inspiring my young children to be stewards of the earth. Here are a few things we do: 

• Turn off lights upstairs when we are downstairs. 
    • Compost our food scraps and tissues. 
    • Plant seeds.
    • Use only reusable containers and bulk foods for school lunches and snacks. (Not packaged goods like granola bars and juice boxes)
    • Remember to bring water in our reusable water bottles from our own tap (kept cold in the fridge) when we go for walks or road trips.

Apparently my daughter organized a waste pick up at her school for Earth Day. I was a proud Mama.

• Hi Robert......In our place we have this Wise Waste Project implemented by the local government (WW).  So every barangay, one garbage truck is assigned to collect all the wastes, garbages of the residents living in that area.  But only the biodegradable trashes are collected.  That means, every resident has to segregate his own wastes into non biodegradable and biodegradable.  

Non biodegradable wastes are converted into cash by selling them.  Sometimes, I give them to less fortunate people for them to sell.  In this way, you have not only get rid of the garbage but also helped the others.......  Great topic!

• Hi metalgearsolide1,

Thanks for your comment.

• welcome

• Use only the CLEAN ENERGY.

• @ Mayumi,

Hello my kabayan, thank you for replying on this discussion. I agree with you, planting trees and taking care of our gardens are good way to help our environment. Besides we exert effort which helps our bodies to have physical improvement (exercise). As what Gerardo wrote here, every small things when combined all together will become huge, I just rephrase it actually. Anyway thanks again. You are one of the best active members here in MyEC and you're happen to be a Filipina, it makes me proud. Ingats...

• Hi Gerardo,

What you usually do is great. I can understand and admire your passion to save our planet in just simple things. You are a good example to your workmates and your boss should be proud of you. I use a personal drinking bottle wherever I go, that way I can save up money rather that buying bottled water. Thank you so much for sharing your actions to help our planet. Gracias amigo...

This reply was deleted.