Last week was Grandparents' Day.   How do you see your grandparents?  Who are they in your life?  

I know many of the members of EC are young people.  I'd love to know about their grandparents.

I am a grandmother or lola to four granddaughters...three are grown up now, and one is just 3 1/2 years old.  I love and treat them equally.  I don't play favorites among them. Each is unique and so, have different personalities and talents.  

Let us hear what you can say about your grandparents. 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unfortunately, I only had an experience with one of my grandma when I was at 6th grade in elementary. She lived in a small village where are so far from my house, so I rarely came there. But at that time, she was sick so I never played with her. And the conclusion, the great memory that I still remember until now is when I wanted to back home, she said to me "Don't forget to come here again next year, okay?". But a few months later, she died because of her illness. :""( My childhood with grandparents isn't as lucky as many of my friends :( 

I wish I could still live and always healthy so I could play with my grandchildren in future:)

• Thank you so much for the nice and kind answers to the Discussion I presented to you.  I know now that every one wants to experience the love and care of a grandparent.  People say that grandparents love their grandchildren more than they love their own children.\

Well, maybe, because we, grandparent has mellowed growing old.  When grandparent were younger, they rush, intolerant of domestic stress, and distress (if I may say). and working to earn living for the family and keeping home.  Now, when their children grow older, leave home and live on their own, it was time to reminisce the lost time with their chidlren.  And, when the children have their own family and children, then, they have time to shower the tenderness and love and kindness to their grandchildren.  They mellowed with wisdom.  

Now, when I look at my grandchildren, sometimes, I'm sad.  Why>?  Because, at one time  I became harsh to my children because of the many responsibilities and duties as a mother.  I thought, I didn't give them the love they deserve.  So, at my age now, I think, this is what I should have done to my children...loving, tender, and sweet.  

Thank you for all your response and likes.  

•       My dear grandmother  Kadrra  lived  along life . She reached the age 105  . She was a strong personality  and very smart . I still remember  her remakes and way of talking  to others  . She suffered alot because  she was a widow  . However  , she managed  things by herself took charge of my grandfather father farms and fought against  many intruders  , who wanted to take  advantage  of her loneliness   . She stood  firmly in front of everyone one  . She saw all my 3 kids except  my little  daughter   , she passed  away  7 years ago  and aged healthy  because  she cared alot about her food  . God bless her , I wish if I can be like her in some of her personal  traits  . 

2644010598?profile=original

• Nice topic about our eldery relatives. 

I didn't meet my grandfathers. I'd have loved especially to know my mom's dad, but he died when my mom was just 13 y/o. About my grannies, I barely knew my dad's mom. She died when I was very little and the few memories I've of her are not really very good... So I can say I don't feel anything for my dad's mom. 

But my mom's mom is just the best. She's awesome and I love her as a second mom. With her is like having my four grandparents in one :)

Nice topic, thanks for bringing it up.

• You're doing great as her grandson Andy :)

andy said:

Yes Pint, she is a noble person. She had 8 children, 4 sons and 4 daughters. 2 of them are adoptive sons.
    What I can do for her now is to look after my grandparent's graveyard and the old house as well as possible. Also try to maintain a good relationship with all the relatives here.
    What's your thought and experience with your grandparents?
    Last week was Grandparents' Day.   How do you see your grandparents?  Who are they in your life?   I know many of the members of EC are young people.…
  • Yes Pint, she is a noble person. She had 8 children, 4 sons and 4 daughters. 2 of them are adoptive sons.
    What I can do for her now is to look after my grandparent's graveyard and the old house as well as possible. Also try to maintain a good relationship with all the relatives here.
  • I can only say that for me,one of my grandmothers was almost like mother:)
  • She's such a wonderful person :)

andy said:

Grandmom, a lovely word for a beautiful woman. I knew her for just 18 years, then she passed away leaving me with a lot of sweet memories and questions about her.
    My grandpa died when my granmom was around in her 40's, leaving her with 6 children, I heard from my uncles, it was a really hard time for them. With the help of some friends, families, she managed the big family through the hard times.
    Now, she had gone away and we always miss her a lot till now.
    There was one thing shocked me deeply at the day she passed away. I heard tittle-tattle she is indeed not my grandmom, my father was the eldest son but an adoptive son of hers, no one ever told us about this before till that day, my eldest sister told me why people in my big family never discussed about it before because my grandmom would be very angry if she heard that, she never played favourites among us either like you do.
    It is really an honour to be her grandson, she dedicated all her life , effort, time and love just for us, even living in hardship, she always tried to make us happy. I love you grandmom... one day, we will meet again and thank you so much for your great love.
    What's your thought and experience with your grandparents?
    Last week was Grandparents' Day.   How do you see your grandparents?  Who are they in your life?   I know many of the members of EC are young people.…
  • Grandmom, a lovely word for a beautiful woman. I knew her for just 18 years, then she passed away leaving me with a lot of sweet memories and questions about her.
    My grandpa died when my granmom was around in her 40's, leaving her with 6 children, I heard from my uncles, it was a really hard time for them. With the help of some friends, families, she managed the big family through the hard times.
    Now, she had gone away and we always miss her a lot till now.
    There was one thing shocked me deeply at the day she passed away. I heard tittle-tattle she is indeed not my grandmom, my father was the eldest son but an adoptive son of hers, no one ever told us about this before till that day, my eldest sister told me why people in my big family never discussed about it before because my grandmom would be very angry if she heard that, she never played favourites among us either like you do.
    It is really an honour to be her grandson, she dedicated all her life , effort, time and love just for us, even living in hardship, she always tried to make us happy. I love you grandmom... one day, we will meet again and thank you so much for your great love.
  • Some of mine really makes my parents confused because they always fight each other. Another couple gave our family heart-warming memories with care and love, Always asked about how we are, how their grandchild doing with education and etc.

This reply was deleted.