Chinese Yuan, American Dollar, Japanese Yen, European Euro, British Pound... What's the name of your monetary unit? What can you buy with one unit? In China, you can buy one bottle of mineral water with 1 Yuan; if you have 1 yuan, you can take a bus [big city 2 yuan or more].

【when I was a kid】

【the newest set】

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Aaaaah, no wonder! I was curious what he said was different from I am Vietnamese did. Now I got it! Thanks, sis Ha! ;-)~

• This reply was deleted.
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Thanks Nhirry for your comment!

Malagasy Ariary, got it!

So what's your largest denomination?

• Wow, thanks in advance, dear Nhirry!

2393979601?profile=original

• In Montenegro, with 1€ in supermarket you can buy:
    1 and a half bread;
    1l milk;
    1l coca-cola;
    1 chocolate;
    1 beer;
    1 canned fish;
    2 snickers etc...
    Now imagine that you have a salary approximately 400€ in a month, what can you buy??? Nothing!
    • Now you know! ;-) I've read and heard that China is not suffering because of a deep economic crisis as other country of the world. Is that true? Did you feel on your skin?
    • I didnt feel it myself...

But I know more and more foreign friends come to China for business. China is becoming more internationalized...

• When we had Deutsche Mark, it was twice better than Euro now. For 1 Mark you could buy for example 2 beers, or 2 peaces of pizzas, or 2 hamburgers. Now you can buy only 1 of these things. That means that today's salary of 400 euros at the time was worth twice as much!
    • I heard Europe is now suffering an Economic cold wave. I guess it can be a reason why the Euro is not as worthy as German Mark.

Thanks again for your information!

This reply was deleted.