Chinese Yuan, American Dollar, Japanese Yen, European Euro, British Pound... What's the name of your monetary unit? What can you buy with one unit? In China, you can buy one bottle of mineral water with 1 Yuan; if you have 1 yuan, you can take a bus [big city 2 yuan or more].

【when I was a kid】

【the newest set】

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So you are from Iran?

you need 5000 rial to buy a bottle of mineral water? wow! So how is the denomination in Rial?

Thanks for your comment, Jep!

• Great question! 

In Canada the one dollar coin is called the loonie! You can't buy much with a loonie because you have to pay tax, which will bring you up to around $1.15 (depending on which province you live in). We have "dollar stores" all over the place, though most items now cost $1.25 or $2.00. You can buy lots of junk at this price these days. You can buy a Hot Wheels toy car for about a dollar. You can probably buy a popsicle, too. You'll need at least $2.00 for a tea or coffee.

Note: "to save some coin" = to save some money 

• Aaaah, Canadian Loonie! Thanks for telling, dear Tara!

1 loonie = 5.8570 yuan.

How come you have 0.25 loonie, do you have such small denomination?

[I want to save some coins to buy a new scarf. Is my example right?]

• oh~ I see. But can you tell me the difference? I am so curious...;-)

• Oooooooh, I see now! Thanks venu!

I like the colors of the symbol, but also I am curious about its detailed meaning.

• Azam, I heard that period of history.

[blushing] I didnt know that China had 2 kind of currency.

Thanks for your complement, Azam!

•  Costa Rica. Colón. I can buy absolutely nothing. 

• giggling~ Thanks for your comment, Diego! ;-)

• As Nighthawk mention above name of Pakistan currency is Rupees and sign is Rs.
    For Rs. 1, normaly used peoples for beggers but now a day they make face when people give them.
    But in Rs 2, kids can buy small candy. The smallest value of a coin is Rs.1 and biggest note is Rs.5000.
    Mic, I feel, your way of talking has changed and you talk like a white-collar professional, it mean your intrenship has been worked. BTW Mic, Your intrenship job is in a Bank or in a Grocery store. LOL
    • For Rs. 1, normaly used peoples for beggers but now a day they make face when people give them. It's so live! Seeing this sentence, I can imagine how small 1 Rs is!

Giggling, I was a trainee teacher! hahaha. I am quite spontaneous. I'll ask wahtever question I think of willy-nilly. Now I am curious about foreign money, because I don't know them. ;-)

Thanks for your great comment, dear Asif!

This reply was deleted.