Chinese Yuan, American Dollar, Japanese Yen, European Euro, British Pound... What's the name of your monetary unit? What can you buy with one unit? In China, you can buy one bottle of mineral water with 1 Yuan; if you have 1 yuan, you can take a bus [big city 2 yuan or more].

【when I was a kid】

【the newest set】

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• your welcome Mickey

Did you find out that what is the most valuable monetary unit?and what is possible to by with one unit?among of all monetary unit around the world

thank you for such nice topic! 

• The most valuable monetary unit is British Pound. 1 pound is about 10.2 yuan. The second is Euro, 1 Euro is about 8.4 yuan.

Have a good day!

;-)

• thank you Micky

I wish my country have valuable monetary unit such as countries that you said.

but you did not mention that what is possible to buy whit one unit of the most most valuable monetary unit?

• Aaah, thank you for informing me, di di!

And thanks for the pics!

;-)

• 2388742350?profile=originalThe national monetary unit in Russia is rouble. It's devided on 100 kopecks. We use it science 14 century. The word  "rouble" can be translated as "to chop". Our ancestors used another monetary unit - grivna - just a piece of silver with the weight about 400 gramms. It could be devided into 4 pieces by choping. That pieces were called roubles.

Nowdays you can hardly find something with the cost of one rouble. Maybe a box of matches or one sweet.

A bus ticket costs 25 roubles in big cities

A bottle of coca-cola costs 35 roubles.

Big-mac costs 88 roubles 

• 1 rouble = 0.1786 Yuan. [Mr. Google told me]

Since rouble isn't that worthy, do people use copecks often?

Thanks for your detailed information! ;-)

• No at all :) It's very interesting blog! I used to collect coins from different countries in the childhood

Surely, the're still in use. For example when you're in supermarket it attacks you with offers like 'Only for 99.90!' ))

But prices grown-up constantly and I think we won't use them in the near future.

I forget one thing to show2393749367?profile=original

These are coins devoted to olympic games in Sochi. Each coin worth 25 roubles

• Thanks again, Pavel! I like the cute coins!

In the supermarket, we also have prices like 9.99yuan, but they never give back the change since we dont have that small unit! Big liar, right? giggling

Do you have Chinese coins? giggling, you are an interesting guy!

• Thanks for good words Mickey! You cheered me up for the whole evening )) 

I have several Chineese coins in my collection. But all of them are very old - you know, with such hollows in the center.

• I'd love to give you a set of coins from different years! ;-)

I'm glad to know I cheered you up, giggling~

Have a good one!

This reply was deleted.