Chinese Yuan, American Dollar, Japanese Yen, European Euro, British Pound... What's the name of your monetary unit? What can you buy with one unit? In China, you can buy one bottle of mineral water with 1 Yuan; if you have 1 yuan, you can take a bus [big city 2 yuan or more].

【when I was a kid】

【the newest set】

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• rofl, you are so humorous, Hero R!  [I thought you used Euro, giggling]

What's your largest denomination? [with pic, I'll be happier~ Lazy me]

• Guess what? Rupee, translated into Chinese is 卢比, kinda like Russian rouble 卢布. Giggling~ 

Thanks for your kindness, Night! ;-)

• hmmm..the my monetary of unit is RIAL and we can buy anything with it :P and we cant even see 1 Rial in the bazaar :)"2387328722?profile=original 

• Where are you from?
    • sis Sima, first of all, thanks for your answer!

Rial, now I remember it! [because of you]

• Australian dollar ($) (Note there is one vertical line through the S, not two, which distinguishes it from the US dollar).

You can't buy much with a dollar. A local newspaper on Tuesday, today, costs $1.10.

Here's an image of the obverse side of a dollar coin:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL3qYoD-2a4V2wMafDXBEQrcKWYxS5KeAvfc2Y0bCKrDO-2vWR9Q

• The symbol for a dollar in the U.S. is $ also.  You probably use a double bar there to distinguish it from the Australian dollar but it isn't used in the U.S.

• U.S. dollar? I've seen some before. But I know little about it. Just know 1 $ = 6.1¥.

• Robinoz, thanks a ton for your comment! Especially the reminder!

Australian coin is cute! I wonder why there is a huger roo than all the others... Koala is lovely too, why not...?

This reply was deleted.