I'm just wondering, are we here to live and to die? 

The dictionary defines life as the physical existence of humans and other living organisms. Is that so? the absence of physical/material aspect, tantamount to say that it's not life at all, isn't it?

Are we living this life worthwhile? 

I could agree how the dictionary tries to define life, but that's not the whole truth about life. I believe that aside from the physical side of it, there is also the spiritual side that we can't ignore all the time. Even though we wanted to avoid the issue and believe that after this existence, there's no life after this life.

Are we living our life with a purpose or just consuming it the way we wanted regardless how lavish, how useless, how shameful, how evil we are trying to be, and the saying live your life to the fullest means what in particular? Does it mean that there is no order to follow? 

Guys, with all sincerity, I want to hear your counsel regarding this matter, not to offend anyone, your views will be highly regarded. All opinions are important to me, whether it affirms or disproves my own assessment.

Thank you!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Luci dear, since you've used Biology as your reference are you familiar when was DNA known to mankind? And how genome could disprove God? You never cease to excite me.

I hope Mish won't mind my interference. 

Luci said:

Misha, have you had biology lessons at school? 
    What is the true meaning of life?
    I'm just wondering, are we here to live and to die?  The dictionary defines life as the physical existence of humans and other living organisms. Is t…
  • Luci, I will build a picket for you to pursue that blog!!!! :D

Luci said:

Hormons are also respinsible for our feeling, guess I will write a blog about it :) 
    I'm just wondering, are we here to live and to die?  The dictionary defines life as the physical existence of humans and other living organisms. Is t…
  • Misha, have you had biology lessons at school? Here we have it at least for four years, I enjoyed eight years because we also studied it ar grammar school... Hormons are being produced differently, many has to do a lot with our pituitary and for example adrenalin is being released under kinda extreme conditions - like bungee jumping etc. Hormons are also respinsible for our feeling, guess I will write a blog about it :) As for body as the mechanism it is still being evolved, just we don't see it as our life is so short... People looked differently thousands years ago, you can see that in the portraits, if you visit some castle - at least here we have many and the change in face is really visible. Our genes are also evolving and aren't the same. Our brains are now smaller, we are more resistant and once I read that many thousand years ago didn't exist people with blue eyes... How come things are being changed? Why they aren't the same? I believe I was created by my parents (from egg and sperm) and the rest - who I am, how I behave etc. - it is based on the genes I inhereted from my both parents and also on my life experiences etc.
  • Mish, same here. Haha! But we could consider their views as their own facts. As much as possible I like the neutral side, it's giving me a perfect view of advantages and disadvantages of such issues.

Mishaikh said:

I am not satisfied with any of such explanations. This not so as it is supposed so. Ok where this chemistry come from which is supposed to be responsible for our behaviour? I may have endless such questions. You may not reply if you want so.
  • Mary, I don’t know why? Maybe I’m not good at maintaining a peaceful zone, but I don’t feel apologizing about it because the more the participants lay down their premises, the more I learn. Nothing to lose but more to gain. :D Feel free to inform EL or whoever, we are free to comment in any comments, I won't mind. :)

MARY said:

Risty, I don't know why all your discussions end up being so 'controversial' haha... I'm sorry for you :(

Anyway, I don't wanna start any battlefield here and I couldn't care less who is more or less womanizer or the macho-men bragging; I just came here for saying a lil piece of information to our lovely English learner, since he's wondering in a comment about being banned. I hope you don't mind Risty, and I'm sorry in advance if I'm not too 'friendly'.

• Risty, I don't know why all your discussions end up being so 'controversial' haha... I'm sorry for you :(

Anyway, I don't wanna start any battlefield here and I couldn't care less who is more or less womanizer or the macho-men bragging; I just came here for saying a lil piece of information to our lovely English learner, since he's wondering in a comment about being banned. I hope you don't mind Risty, and I'm sorry in advance if I'm not too 'friendly'.

Hello "Sir" English learner, guess who reported you and who is gonna keep reporting you every time she has a lil chance for that? 

Yes! I'm sure you guessed it 'cause you're so smart... She was: Moi.

I tell you in French because, as I can see for your EC activity, you don't seem too interested on coming here for learning english (even if your nickname says the opposite, so 'funny') So I was wondering if you might feel bored here and you prefer to learn other languages, like French or Greek, I dunno...

Btw, where is all that 'English Grammar' interest you had about? Because I just can see you bothering people or harassing some members in their profile's walls.  

Oh please, do me a favor and keep bothering people here. Give me more reasons and proofs to report you, because on the contrary to Jeffrey's comment, I can't wait to see you banned.

And please, feel free to report me as well if that makes you feel better too. I've always been a "pain in the a**" for many people like you here, so I'm sure some members here will be glad to see me banned as well. It won't be the first time for me and you can also find comments where I've been politically incorrect or rude, so maybe we can have the same chances to be banned. Send greetings to Mr. Josef from me when you do. 

Now keep the 'good work'.

Au revoir!

Risty (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻'s Discussions
    Risty (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻'s Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
  • Where all these mechanisms you have described come from and who created them? They don't just exist.  Here below Luci is saying.  How one can be assessed that it is authenticated.  These are mere your words may be.

Luci said:

Luci
    Misha... let me answer, where the chemistry comes from.. Our body is actually like one big mechanism with many chemical, physical, electric features...this is proved... For example in each body are hormons, ok? In each body are neurons, receptors etc. Now ..look..if you find somebody attractive - firstly you see her - it means you use your eyes BUT you can also smell her (without being aware of it) and that's how it works...her smell just make your body starts producing hormons, which cause in your brain chemical reaction and your "nice" feeling about her is the result of this process...No miracle, nothing impossible to understand..
    Btw to avoid question that u might feel sth like this also in virtual world without seeing a person.. it is also about liking somebody and finding him/her awesome - simply even this feeling of adoring somebody is again about hormonal reaction in your body, which might give you pleasure..
  • Let me highlight something with you EL, Luci is absolutely right when she said that you should be the last one to talk about banning someone here, maybe you've forgotten how you scrutinized and criticized female names and tagged it as distractions to men, female avatar as a distraction too, blogs which was not interesting for you because it's all about cooking and foods, and the site itself. Not to mention how you tried to upset some commentators in your not-so-long blogs including me though I tried to reach you out and be friendly but what I got in return? a cold shoulder, I never remember an instance that I said something bad about you instead I advised you to reassess the value of blogging and the site as a learning avenue for us "learners" if you consider yourself as one. I'm not going to protest for your ban or for anyone else here, don't you think it would be unfair? And it's definite that I will not agree if you're promoting Sir Dan's expulsion, as he doesn't deserve a thing. It is impeccable to hear all opinions/beliefs/views/perceptions but it must be also in accordance with logic. 

I would reiterate I have nothing against you, but at least try to see the good in other people. 

About members that can put up with Sir Dan, and not to you, it's very obvious, because you're so full of yourself that all of us seems like a garbage beside you. How about change the way you treat us? try to be friendly? try to reach out? if you'd like to be an island, no problem with me. 

Have a blessed evening. 

English learner said:

Hello Jeffrey, thanks. Happy to know that you don't think I should be banned. If members can put up with Danny, why can't they put up with me? 

• Men! I would go on disagreeing with you  but a lady asked me to shut up. I think, you should  do the same. Jeffrey, if you think I use some words without knowing their meanings, you are certainly wrong. I am a native speaker and, contrary to you, I am always  ready to help others. In fact, I don't care about your opinions as you, guys, are not in majority.

• Hello Jeffrey, thanks. Happy to know that you don't think I should be banned. If members can put up with Danny, why can't they put up with me? 

Jeffrey Raven said:

Hello English Learner,

That is a great comment and I like your sense of humour!

But I don't think you should be banned from this site - we need you!

This reply was deleted.