I'm just wondering, are we here to live and to die? 

The dictionary defines life as the physical existence of humans and other living organisms. Is that so? the absence of physical/material aspect, tantamount to say that it's not life at all, isn't it?

Are we living this life worthwhile? 

I could agree how the dictionary tries to define life, but that's not the whole truth about life. I believe that aside from the physical side of it, there is also the spiritual side that we can't ignore all the time. Even though we wanted to avoid the issue and believe that after this existence, there's no life after this life.

Are we living our life with a purpose or just consuming it the way we wanted regardless how lavish, how useless, how shameful, how evil we are trying to be, and the saying live your life to the fullest means what in particular? Does it mean that there is no order to follow? 

Guys, with all sincerity, I want to hear your counsel regarding this matter, not to offend anyone, your views will be highly regarded. All opinions are important to me, whether it affirms or disproves my own assessment.

Thank you!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, dear! You are just in time to stop me! This arguing among men is not a matter of religion at all. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. I am shutting up but just because YOU asked me about that. It is none of THEIR business

• Sir Dan, Can I but in? I don’t think Arif has something to do with this. Btw, Sir Jeffrey is an atheist like you.

Danny Clark said:

Jeffrey, Arif! You sound like such acrimonious men!  with women is none of your business. If they have something to say, they will, but not you!

I will never forget that someone like you called my wife an "American rag" because she prefers American men. I will never forget being called an "assassine" just because I am American born and served in Army.

Just recall your past, look around and say you are sinless. If you can, you are liars! You kill in the name of your God and you think it is OK! But When I love in the name of LOVE is is a crime.

Just listen to yourselves!

What is the true meaning of life?
    I'm just wondering, are we here to live and to die?  The dictionary defines life as the physical existence of humans and other living organisms. Is t…
  • Jeffrey, Arif! You sound like such acrimonious men! Even ladies see your problems! If you don't like my comments, don't read them! But no one has abolished the freedom of speech. If you find any word in my comments that offends your faith, just tell me about it and I will apologize as I don't have any intention to offend anyone. But my conversation with women is none of your business. If they have something to say, they will, but not you!

I will never forget that someone like you called my wife an "American rag" because she prefers American men. I will never forget being called an "assassine" just because I am American born and served in Army.

Just recall your past, look around and say you are sinless. If you can, you are liars! You kill in the name of your God and you think it is OK! But When I love in the name of LOVE is is a crime.

Just listen to yourselves!

• Luci, dear! Thank you, but I am sure I am able to defend not only ladies, and that is the first for me, but also myself.

• Dear Faisal Rahman, I’m happy to see your comments here even though I don’t know you :D, does it matter anyway? I can introduce myself if you like to. Kidding!

I’m not with you when you say that “this is so simple”, it isn’t as easy as it may seem it is, well, I should try to be lenient… I’m glad you find the meaning of your life without any problems on your way. You must be something!

Faisal Rehman said:

i don't who r u.. and even don't know which religion u belong too.. what i m writing here.. please think about that.....  this is so simple.... why we r here.... not for to die... life in this world is very short.. but it very very important... just imagine im an engineer and when i design something so i m the only one who know the best why of use that thing... now come to the point.. who create us.? for what.? who know.? no one... only the creater ALLAH know that... and he tell that there is another life after this life... which totally depend on this life... if i follow the command of ALLAH i will get success other wise no... so this life is very very very important... 

I'm just wondering, are we here to live and to die?  The dictionary defines life as the physical existence of humans and other living organisms. Is t…
  • Guys,
    Danny might give impression of egoist but I would say he doesn't say this all here to brag about himself - he tells us his life story and for some people it can be interesting. He has guts to say here he was womanizer, he made mistakes in his life but the way you percieve it - it looks like you envy him or what??? He is very helpful here and helps many members with English..so I wonder what you both gave to EC or its members??? Jeffrey, I can say you are moody, arrogant egoist, who replies just few people and ignore the rest (which I find sort of impolite as they gave their time to responsing your discussions) and English learner with his fake identity is the last one, who should talk here about banning...
  • Arif, I’m almost wholeheartedly with you on your replies as I believe the same thing, but I don’t see “fire” as a “reward”, you should’ve used the word “punishment” as a counter to negate the positive reinforcement. Thanks and I will surely BEAR IN MIND how you define SINCERE, salute! (as if I’m reading my thoughts in that definition) :D

Just Learner said:

Well the death is mean of transferring soul from worldly life to eternal life the way our soul is shortly departed from our body when we fall asleep and returned we awake up. This is a simple example, soul is rewarded peace or fire depends on how you have led your life. When to run an organization, sincere and diligent employees are promoted and unpunctual/lazy employees are reverted, how can we expect creation of a whole human being is exemption from this cogent principle, reward and punishment.

Now come to your second question

When we sincerely sacrifice a whole life for a noble cause, the life with eternal peace is rewarded. Bear it mind that sincere means without wishing for fame and reward in worldly life.

• Hello Nadira, thanks a lot for participating in this discussion about life’s meaning, just like what you’ve advised, I want to live my life without regrets, blunders are like vitamins, though I never asked for them, I need them to grow, to err is to human (philosopher once said), and it’s one of the remarkable teachers of this life, after learning from our mistakes, that’s the time we realized that we learned from them and became a better person as they go by. There are no single words from your comment that I would like to oppose. Affirmative! Thanks a lot!!

Nadira said:

Live your  life with no regrets  ..

Make  blunders and  become   wiser  

Enjoy  and respect  nature  which  we have been  bestowed  upon 
    Smile  be happy  even  though  you may feel  other wise .
    as  there  will others  who  would  be deprived  and far less  fortunate  

to  me life is a  passing phase do not get  carried  away  through  the  glitter  and  glamour of it .

Keep time for yourself in prayer  or  meditation   if you  believe  such  ...it  does  bring  peace of mind   especially when  times  you feel your mind is shattered and in pieces 

Reach out to others  for them  to reach out to you, and be  remembered  when your gone  from this earthly  sphere ...

2643794736?profile=original

• I agree with Jeffrey hundred percent. This Danny is indeed disgusting. He thinks he is God's gift to women and brags about it all the time. Doesn't he have anything else to talk about than what a womanizer he is?He should be banned from this site along with me!!!!

God is great Risty!

• Jeffrey! My comment was for Risty.

If you don't like it why to read?

This reply was deleted.