Time machine

Are you a story lover? Or maybe you just like adventures? Imagine that our boss Mr. Josef surprised us with a time machine available for Ec members.

Share with us where and when you'd love to travel, for example... The States in the 70's, Spain on the XV century, Egypt in the XX century BC... just tell us your ideal background you'd like to visit whatever it is ;)

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Seeing your pic here, rys, is already carrying me back in time. 
      Quickly I'm sending you my "Oi, Oi" through the smoldering outer margins of this time before everything dissolves. :-X 
      The nothingness is my destination as well as my origin. - May we find peace in our dreams. 

• I see Rys' comment caught your attention too )

I read all comments after three years and recalled old times... sending him my 'oi oi' ))

Yours is really profound, even scary but realistic, promising and thoughtful.. wow!  

'May we have peace in our dreams' 

• Yesss... one favourite place to me too! Although I'd backed in time beyond Cleopatra when the pyramids were supposed to be built, I wonder if I might see any UFO :D

As you say it'd be a dangerous time for us but dreaming is cheap so let's imagine we're above such issues, You'd do well talking to her about our time and technology, let me know her face gesturing when explained what internet is OK? as for women rights I guess you'd have to tell about human rights in general, surely they only saw working machines instead men or female citizens.

Thank you Bet for commenting and glad that we have same taste here... see you in old Egypt some day ;)

• Okay....if I could go back...I want to go ancient Egypt. But, it could be very dangerous  as there must be venomous snaked around, there would not be modern medicine and hospital facility, no internet and bla bla bla....but still I am interested to see the chapter of that period. Specially seeing queen Cliopetra and knowing the exact fact of making Pyramids from the contemporary people must be fascinating! And, I think, on the other hand, they also get some benefit from me, i,e, I cloud tell them about latest technologies, about women's right and how in our this era we praise their invented/man made things!

• I see The age of Cristóbal Colón is the most attracting time so far, surely he walked through your land, actually I thought it to myself when visited there. But what caught my attention is n.6 I would have paid to see Hitler's face too lol!

All the moments you mentioned are worth to attend, really interesting. I wonder what would have happened if you caught that apple before touching the ground so that Newton hadn't noticed :0

Well so far this is not possible although... who knows. Perhaps one day.    Glad you liked the topic Janeth!

• Yeah how many times we have wondered 'if I could step back in time...' :/

o.k. Let me guess... maybe you wouldn't have gone out that night with your friends not to have known that guy you felt in love. Or maybe you wouldn't have attended that day to that important exam you failed in the college or maybe you should have dared to make that project you thought it wouldn't work... who knows!! Haha...

Well, till the moment Mr. Josef brings us that machine we should say 'what is done is done' trying not to regret of our mistakes but learning from them :)

Thank you Miss Sara, glad you liked it.

• Hi Estanis, nice topic!

I would like to travel to the moment when:

1.    Christopher Columbus and his crew saw for the first time America and one of them screamed:"Land, land".

2.    Issac Newton was sitting under an apple tree when he saw and apple fall to the ground  and this event inspired his idea of gravity.

3.   The man put his feet on the moon for the first time.

4.   Mozart composed and played one of his masterpieces.

5.   Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. 

6.    Jesse Owens won his medals in Berlin leaving astonished everyone (especially Hitler...) and broke many records.

I think I would like to see more things!! It would be great to have a time machine indeed.

• I would go back 10 years back :D
    Bcoz I need to change something in my life lol.

• You too!? It seems this age is the most interesting so far... glad to know :)

• You're a very curious person Olga, I've thought of the points you mentioned even watched some documentaries. Surely you know the book 'caballo de troya' by J.J. benítez, it describes the life of Jesus de Nazareth narrated by a time traveler coming from the XX century.
    Try not to think too much lol...

This reply was deleted.