Three questions

Dear friends and EC members.

I invite you all to think about following questions and to tell us your answers.

Here you go:

1. If you could have a question answered by an omniscient, what do you want to know?

2. If you could give a newborn only one single piece of advice for its entire life, what would that be?

3. Would you give away your best memory to wipe out the worst?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you dear Rose for your great questions...

1. I don't have any question ... Or maybe I have but I should think about it more than just a few seconds.

2. My advice would be: you are a great person the way you are... don't change yourself... that's the way you would live your life in peace..in peace with you and the universe.

3. No... I absolutely wouldn't do that.

• Thanks, dear Soheila.

Good questions and answers.

Dis you think about your questions in 1?

• Great questions, Rose!

• Thanks, Josef.

Wouldn't you mind writing some of your thoughts, too?

• I had unanswered questions since I hit puberty.
    Why were we created?
    Why we always have unfair shares in our lives?
    Does our sufferance get reward?
    What is the recompense?
    Then I read Christina Rossetti's poem "Uphill". The poem gives twelve questions and their satisfactory answers. The poem answers that life is compared to a journey uphill. The life is a continuous fight and trial. It is a kind of challenging.

When the journey ends, there is plenty of rewords for all who have successfully made the journey.

Thank for giving me a space to express my inner questions and answers.
    Up-Hill
    BY CHRISTINA ROSSETTI
    Does the road wind up-hill all the way?
    Yes, to the very end.
    Will the day’s journey take the whole long day?
    From morn to night, my friend.

But is there for the night a resting-place?
    A roof for when the slow dark hours begin.
    May not the darkness hide it from my face?
    You cannot miss that inn.

Shall I meet other wayfarers at night?
    Those who have gone before.
    Then must I knock, or call when just in sight?
    They will not keep you standing at that door.

Shall I find comfort, travel-sore and weak?
    Of labour you shall find the sum.
    Will there be beds for me and all who seek?
    Yea, beds for all who come.

•  

Hi, tawfeeq.

Thank you very much for this meaningful poem.

I enjoyed reading it. Sometimes, answers are not that difficult when we just think in a simple way.

• 1. How to conquer hunger and war in the world? Or alternatively: How can I become omniscient? ;)  

2. How to become omniscient. Or alternatively: Don't listen to people's mean comments!!  

3. Yep. Without hesitation. 

BTW even the best advice has only meaning in the right circumstances. There are always loads of exceptions! 

Greetings! ;)

• Thanks, NotAClue.

You mentioned a important point. Indeed, the circumstances impact everything.

• A person can not become omniscient by his/her wish , communities  appoint .

2) To be omniscient person is a difference , an omniscient person could listen everyperson's mean or valuable comments or ideas , if not community do not describe him/her from being omniscient .

• Hi Adriano. I am sorry but I really don't get you. I wonder why you are driven by finding a bad sense behind even just a simple question.
      The point and question isn't whether an omniscient exists or not....My question was if there were one...what would the members ask him/her.

Shouldn't we focus on the sources of questions and discussions? 

This reply was deleted.