Today,I read some blogs online said people living in other countries with high costs of living. So, there is idea jump out of my mind! Maybe we can discuss about costs of living in our own countries for find a better and lower cost place by comparison. Just for improving our english and for fun.

so, let me fist, ok! hope you guys could share with yours later! :)

hmm,first of all, share a link of currency converter for convenient.(http://www.xe.com/ucc/)

Ok, let me start. In Beijing, the mimimum wage is about 1000RMB and normally the average of salary it between 3000RMB to 5000RMB( I guess, not official). If you want to rent a one-bedroom apartment in center, you have to pay more than 3000RMB/month without any bill payment. The amount of bills is about 500RMB/month including phone and internet bill, electricity bill, water bill, gas bill. If you don't buy a lot of things, the cost of groceries is about 200RMB/week. There are all not very cheap, right? However, the cost of transports is cheap very much, I have never known the costs of public transports in any cities is less than in Beijing by now. The subway(metro) only need cost 2RMB to anywhere as long as you don't go out of it( you can transfer to other lines in it without limit). And the bus cost is half of subway, only 1RMB to anywhere. However, you just need to pay only 0.4RMB for bus if you have a bus pass! So bargain, right!

That's the most cheapest part of living costs in Beijing.

Anyway, I think the cost of living in Beijing is high! Though the prices of a lot of things or services are increasing while our salaries didn't raise straightly. What a pity!

NEXT, looking forward your shares! :)

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yes, the salary here is not as much as in Japan, that's the truth~ so, i just say the proportion (rent/salary) is similar (and maybe the rate in beijing is higher)... you know, the less salary cannot afford the rent as much as in Japan. If that happened, there must be a potential revolution~

If a person want to live in downtown Beijing, he must earn at least 10,000RMB(almost 124,971REN), but normally people can earn almost 5000RMB as middle-level salary.

So, I have to say RENTAL is really a big problem here!

• so happy you reply to me~~ :) 

hmmm, I searched online, 1,000rmb=12,497yen.

I think the food prices are similar with us... The transports cost is more than here, Beijing's public transports cost is really bargain!

I really surprised to the rental in downtown Tokyo!

It is really high price! hmm, but when I calm down to think of it and according to your salary, it is almost half of it. That proportion is similar with here in Beijing (and maybe sometime higher here, it depends) if a person could earn more than 5000RMB here.

By the way, can I guess 20,000REN could be classified to middle-level salary?

This reply was deleted.