strange traditions

The second time I got married, my wife's aunt brought a tub and went inside with me and my wife to witness the consummation of our marriage. I turned to my wife and whispered in her ear, "Why is she here? what is that big plate for?" My wife answered me that she was going to be with us to wash our feet together and then witness the first sexual intercourse between us. Of course, I disagreed at once and told her to tell her aunt to get out of the room. Then my wife brought a white scarf and put it under her. I didn't care about it and we finished our first night with screams and that red fluid came from her into that white cloth. Then my wife happily and proudly took that piece of cloth to her mother which she showed it to her neighbors and friends and relatives. I was shy when I knew about it. Basically, traditions, habits, and religions differ from one society to the other. In our communities, the chastity or virginity of the bride depends on her hymen. Her husband is the man who opens that membrane. Do you agree to have other people present on your first night of marriage? Does it mean absolute masculinity and feminity for both sides?  What do you think? Is witnessing a consummation of marriage considered a strange tradition? 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Donnobad Oporazita! I am with you, Opo. They are indeed uncivilized as you have mentioned. Thanks Opo!

Oporazita said:

That is not only strange tradition, that is impudent and uncivilized tradition

strange traditions
    The second time I got married, my wife's aunt brought a tub and went inside with me and my wife to witness the consummation of our marriage. I turned…
  • That is not only strange tradition, that is impudent and uncivilized tradition

• Ya Mohammad my trawig almanga wa khaleek hareef. Ana asrig zawjati? We have strange habits. in our area, I mean Umdurman, we do not have that kind of traditions. Mohammad, in my opinion, the old forgotten and bad habits should be left in a deep hole and we put soil and concrete on top to prevent them from coming out. One more thing, can I be one of your friends? Thanks for your comment on that discussion.

mohammed said:

hello me neither most of time i find weird tradition of getting marriage , am living in Africa , Sudan we a lot of weird traditions , let me told you about this : 

some places are took the bride before first night , and make the husband  sneak out to steal his own wife ! 
    or get lay on her mother house , if he getting caught should pay a money to her mom

then they resale the wife to her husband    

strange traditions
    The second time I got married, my wife's aunt brought a tub and went inside with me and my wife to witness the consummation of our marriage. I turned…
  • hello me neither most of time i find weird tradition of getting marriage , am living in Africa , Sudan we a lot of weird traditions , let me told you about this : 

some places are took the bride before first night , and make the husband  sneak out to steal his own wife ! 
    or get lay on her mother house , if he getting caught should pay a money to her mom

then they resale the wife to her husband    

• Ikaw talaga karapatan. Hindi ko alam, pero ako kabayan mo. This way or the other love should prevail. As the lady from Russia said, it was an old and forgotten habit. They used to do it in the past. Thanks, Risty for pressing the like button and for your smart comment!

Risty Aven said:

I’m afraid I have a harsher reaction about this. Hahaha! My brain froze and I growled when reading this, hahaha! :D Really, there is such tradition? So weird! But maybe Filipino’s have our own weird traditions, but I don’t know if at the same level. The white cloth and the red fluid, isn’t it same as trust? With or without this, love should prevail.

strange traditions
  • I’m afraid I have a harsher reaction about this. Hahaha! My brain froze and I growled when reading this, hahaha! :D Really, there is such tradition? So weird! But maybe Filipino’s have our own weird traditions, but I don’t know if at the same level. The white cloth and the red fluid, isn’t it same as trust? With or without this, love should prevail.

• Spasibo Olga! Unfortunately, we are still doing it, at least some of us here in our Arabic world. You mean, they are no longer performed there, are they? Olga, can I be one of your friends? Thanks for your nice comment!

Olga said:

For us it is absolutely excluded. Remnants of the past, complete nonsense.

strange traditions
  • For us it is absolutely excluded. Remnants of the past, complete nonsense.

• Bem feito Henrique Roberto! Eu gusto disso, amigo. I really like that Hen. The tradition must have been invented by a crazy or psychotic person. By the way, most religions do not allow such an impudent act. It's very disgusting to do so. This is the most intimate and close relationship between the husband and his wife. Thanks, Henrique for this nice and useful comment!

henrique roberto said:

I completely disagree with this tradition. The honey moon is to be only for the couple and no one else. This is a culture-religious tradition invented by someone who is crazy and have psychological problems. 

strange traditions
  • I completely disagree with this tradition. The honey moon is to be only for the couple and no one else. This is a culture-religious tradition invented by someone who is crazy and have psychological problems. 

This reply was deleted.