Smoking

Millions of people smoke cigarettes. Do we have to join and share with them? What about our health, money and time? Are you with it, or against it? Some people say, it's useful for the creation of thoughts!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No sane person will go in favour. I had hole in my heart. When I told the doctor I never smoked he said I got survived so far with hole because of not smoking.
  • Teeka Mishaikh janab! Sohaila, Chitra, Amy, Rahul, Seifeldawla and before them lady Onee_Chan said those things. Do these smokers know about all these things which you have said? Even Mr. Danny Clark, he told me that nicotine is very bad for the blood if we take great quantities from it. He was talking scientifically, by the way. The question is why do they smoke as long as they know that it's harmful to them? Some of the members mentioned addiction. Mr. Mishaikh, is there any way out for this problem?

Mishaikh said:

Smoking is hazardous to health. It causes diseases like cancer, throat cancer, lung cancer, heart problems. Those who are commenting in favor of smoking should see any dear and near ones to suffer then they will realize.
    My late father was a chain smoker of (beeri) an Indian cigarette (though less harmful than the cigarette. Had to quit when got heart attacks. The same happened with my elder brother. He had to quit it too. He is okay now but had to quit all the heavy foods which we mostly like to eat, but now can't.

So smoking is injurious to health, one should realize sooner the better.

Smoking
    Millions of people smoke cigarettes. Do we have to join and share with them? What about our health, money and time? Are you with it, or against it? S…
  • Smoking is hazardous to health. It causes diseases like cancer, throat cancer, lung cancer, heart problems. Those who are commenting in favor of smoking should see any dear and near ones to suffer then they will realize.
    My late father was a chain smoker of (beeri) an Indian cigarette (though less harmful than the cigarette. Had to quit when got heart attacks. The same happened with my elder brother. He had to quit it too. He is okay now but had to quit all the heavy foods which we mostly like to eat, but now can't.

So smoking is injurious to health, one should realize sooner the better.

• Shinu ya Seifeldawla? Kalamak mukhtasar wa jameel. Ana ahali fi Karima wa harat asoog. I am sorry, I could not continue chatting with you. I was lecturing at that time. I hope to be one of your friends.  Thanks for your nice comment about smoking!

seifeldawla said:

smoking is a bad habit , it is not only bad ,it is killing habit for it destroy one health the first victim is the smoker,the potentially victim is the other  around him, this about the damage it causes for health ,in addition to the financial cost of smoking and environmental damage ,what left  to be consider as good out of this habit

Smoking
    Millions of people smoke cigarettes. Do we have to join and share with them? What about our health, money and time? Are you with it, or against it? S…
  • smoking is a bad habit , it is not only bad ,it is killing habit for it destroy one health the first victim is the smoker,the potentially victim is the other  around him, this about the damage it causes for health ,in addition to the financial cost of smoking and environmental damage ,what left  to be consider as good out of this habit

• Halet Chetore Sohaila? Hehe I liked that sentence about, find something better for addiction. According to you, these smokers know the results of smoking, but on the other hand, is addiction in such cases lovable? I really appreciate your  useful participation. Thank you!

Soheila said:

Do you think smokers don't know about harmful effects of smoking ??? it's not like that ... smoking is an addiction ... everyone has an addiction (smoking... music... dance... sport ... ect.)... that lead you to replace it with your needs ...

of course you don't have to join them ... find something better for addiction :)

Smoking
  • Dhanaywaad Chitra! You have the right to laugh at that. I think like that. It's always like that in my mind. I do not know whether that is an illusion or an imagination in my head. At least things look that way for me as a smoker. Thanks, Chitra for that loud laugh!
    Chitra said:

Creation of thoughts???Hahahaha.Those having a mental illness thought like this.The cause of smoking is only spoil our health....nothing more than that.
    Smoking
  • Ifcharisto poly Anastasia! I agree with you Ana. It's a difficult journey. The traveler must have the will and power to come back from it. you know of course, if thee is a will there is a way. Living things, the sea, the sky the people around you, they will give you that intuition of thoughts to create and be a great artist. I noticed that some of my friends say, "hey! Hang on, lemme light a cigarette and my brain will start to make the innovation and creativity". By the way Ana, I loved Theasaloniki very much.
    Anastasia said:

Dear Dara,

smoking is very bad to our health.Those people I know who started smoking sometime in their life wished to stop it and didn't have the power to manage it.Some others stopped it and gained a lot of kilos.Either or it's a trip without coming back.As far as the creation of thoughts you don't need smoking but moments of living situations and drawing conclusions about them.

Smoking
  • I never tell anyone to do something or not. it's their choice, lol. even if I try to, someone just cannot stop it. you may know those people too. keep doing something annoying even we have said to stop it. We never tell dad. but he afraid of mum very much, hahaha

dara gino said:

Silakhan, bilang salam saya untuk aya dan ibu mu. Peppo, saya tidak suka merokok. faktnya, saya benci dya. Excuse my broken Indonesian language. I am still learning. Tell your father to stop or rather to quit smoking. As you have mentioned, It's bad for the health. Thanks for being honest with us! You and your mom must fight hard to convince him to do so.

Peppo said:

it's optional and rather depend to the people. we all know the fact, there are so many research about this, that smoke is bad for health, bla bla bla... but some people keep doing that. yah, that's human, we have potency to destruct our selves. my dad was a smoker, maybe still do. I have to admit he looks cool when doing that, but cooler when he stops because mum is around, lol xD 

Smoking
  • Kiya haal hain Saahel? Khudaki kasam, mera matlab. Believe me Saahel, I am just trying to see some smart way to tell people that smoking is not good for their health although, if I find any medical back up, that will help me a lot to persuade them to do so. Of course, not all the people, but at least, let's say 90% of them. It's not a matter of pro and against. either way, I want the reader to give the light on the problem and its solutions. Thanks, Saahel for your nice opinion.

saahel said:

i suppose smoking is bad habit for health. and i against it.

Smoking
This reply was deleted.