sleep

Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for the health, or is it bad? Sleep is like death.  Our eyes are closed, our nervous system is inactive. Our muscles... even our consciousness is not available. It is comparable to death, or am I mistaken? 

What happens when we sleep? Is there any difference between sleep, naps, dozes, siestas, or snoozes? Can we stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cose eh questo, Rita? You told us to help you to improve your English. I can see now that you are doing more than being skillful. Your words were constructed beautifully., with the exception of minor notes regarding some lines. I hope to learn more Italian sentences from you. My Italian is zero. You know, I used to like Italian actors a lot.

Do you know Giancarlo Giannini, Isabella Rossellini, Stegano Accorsi? Don't forget the generation of the giants, Guiliano Gemma, Franco Nero, Marilu Tolo, and the others. Thanks, Rita for your nice comment on Sleep.

• Rita, il nostro capo e bravo! Dear Rita  Daniela Balestireiri, we will do our best to help you to improve your English skills. Our boss is very kind and helpful. I am going to eat supper.  I shall reply later. Thanks for your comment on Sleep.

• Mmmm....I sleep as much as I need ...sometimes when I am loaded with work I sleep 2 hours per day...But..anytime I need to sleep..I try to. If I die at that time...better for me...At least I do not feel it. ))))

• Spasibo Olga! Do you think two hours are enough? It seems that you like your work very much.  Thanks for  your comment on Sleep. 

• Hey dara Gino, 

Happy to see you around. Well, i dont have much to say about it coz all members have given their answers. I myself struggling from disturbed sleeping pattern :p lol

• Aap mujhei yaad dilanaa horror movies. Do you remember the movie, Nightmare On Elm Street? Remember that girl and her dreadful dreams.  I am also happy to be around and watch and see your beautiful thoughts and ideas. I really enjoy sharing my ideas with the rest of the members of the club. Thank you, SNR for your nice comment on Sleep.

• Hi Dara Gino ! 

I am really not into horror movies. I don't watch them at all n this is the reason why i dont have any idea about the movies you have mentioned. 

:) 

• Bilkul  Sahih! That what I  have  been telling Glosky. cute ladies  don't like horror and blood scenes.  Thanks, SNR for your comment on Sleep.

• Hello, Dara.

My humble opinion is:

The health of sleep for all not only depends on the time in hours. Not everyone needs the same number of hours for healthy sleep.
    For example, babies and adolescents need much more sleep than adults.
    Even for adults, one can not say that it is the same for everyone. Age and personal sleep requirements also play a role. We are not robots, cell phones, laptops, etc.
    But wait ... maybe we can even compare their battery or rechargeable battery with the recharge of the rechargeable "battery" that we humans perform during sleep.
    Over time both "humans batteries" and technical as well, also lose their energy and need to be charge frequently, but how much time it takes depends on the strength of the energy network and the age of the battery.

Sleep and death have nothing to do with each other. While sleeping, the body shuts down all its functions, but not completely.
    We move in sleep and we dream. Our brain works, if only with limited function. That's all.

• Gutten morgin Rose Iris. Many interesting points were mentioned in your useful comment. I knew that my twins used to sleep most of the day. They wake up from time to time to have milk from the breast of their mother and then they continue their sleep. When I counted those hours, they were more than ten hours a day. That proves what you told me about the sleep of babies. 

Some general information is quite strange to me Of course, we cannot have enough or sufficient knowledge about everything. Regarding teenagers, they sleep also more than eight hours. They put in their minds that life is still ahead and no need to bother about waking up all day.  The comparison of death and sleep is not the same. I mean they have no relative factors or traits, features or anything in common. The idea of resemblance was taken from the stoppage of some of our organs. I am glad; the members supplied me with good information on that respect. 

I tried to wake up for twenty hours and I could not resist. I fell asleep after reaching sixteen hours of struggling. When we watch movies, I stay awake for six or seven hours until the next day. Dear Rose, I really appreciate your nice comment and useful information.  Thank you.

This reply was deleted.