sleep

Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for the health, or is it bad? Sleep is like death.  Our eyes are closed, our nervous system is inactive. Our muscles... even our consciousness is not available. It is comparable to death, or am I mistaken? 

What happens when we sleep? Is there any difference between sleep, naps, dozes, siestas, or snoozes? Can we stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for a toddler or below the age of 10 years kids but not good for the health of teens or other ages of men. Sleep is like death, I am little bit agree with this sentence but not completely because If a person goes for sleep It means his/her mind wants to take a rest but heart still working on until death. :)
    when we sleep our body part get to re-charge or restore the same as we re-charge our smartphone battery regularly. :)
    There are several words in English for describing a light sleep especially during the daytime like naps/dozes/siestas/snoozes but the word sleep is a little bit different from those words. The word sleep is used when someone is ready to go for a long rest.

yes, a human can stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours.  But it's unclear exactly how long humans can survive without sleep.

• Dusri daffa,  tumara  merhbani Ahmad.  I really enjoyed reading  your comment. Thanks. 

• Ahmed, main nahi pata lekin you have  mentioned important issues. Babies spend most of their time sleeping.  It could  be because of their growing.                                  The most controversial part about the topic is its comparison with  death. I just looked at the matter from the state of stillness or the  stoppage of our organs while  we are asleep.                                             As you notice some of the members referred to that. Do you think sleep brings health to our organs and bodies? I feel a bit lazy when  I  wake up from sleep, but after having  a good shower, I become active.  Thanks, Ahmed for the long and nice comment. 

• Buhut buhut  shukriya Ahmad! Namaz ki baad. thanks Ahmad. I shall pray magrib prayer then reply.   

• Yeah, I don't know but yeah I really love to sleep a lot. Nowadays, as I am not working, I am sleeping for more than 10 hours and I am enjoying it. I feel sleeping is a blessing. The guys who don't get splendid sleep, they don't seem happy or satisfied. 

• Main tum ku sahamat hoon, Harjot Singh! I agree with that. Sleep gives our body a charge of extra energy. We really feel like having new power in our bodies. By the way, I hope you get a good job soon. Until then keep those ten hours of sleep going on. Thanks, Harjot for your nice moment. 

• Hi dara. Good quality sleep depends on the age bracket. Based on some articles teenagers needs at leat 8-10 hrs, young adults needs 7-9 hrs, and age >= 65 needs <=8 hrs. While middle age should sleep for at least 5-7 hrs at night. Some sleep for only 5 hrs but they are ok. When we sleep, our bodies try to repair and recover our energy and over-all health. When we say sleep, its a long quality sleep while naps, siestas and snoozes lasted for 5 mins to 30 mins only. Taking a nap is recommended too. As for me, i always sleep for 5-7 hrs.

• Salamat Glosky! You have given me brief and useful information about sleep.  That is very kind od you. When we do not have anything to do, we sleep a lot. During the holy month of Ramadan, we sleep more than nine hours. It is because we are fasting and at the same time, we are on holiday. I will tell you one thing but do not tell the members of the club. I used to sleep ten hours when I was on my third honeymoon.  Thanks, Glosky for your nice tips. 

• Hahahaha!!! Dara! You sleep 10hrs while in your honeymoon??? Gosh!

• Hindi ko alam Glosky. Lol! Changing night into day and vice versa. When you and your new bride spend the whole night awake till the next morning, what do you expect? Thanks for that hahahaha, I really enjoyed reading your comment. Thanks again. 

This reply was deleted.