How do you feel about homework? Do you think teachers should give homework every night? Should elementary school children have homework? In some countries, parents are trying to ban homework. Many parents think children should have the freedom to explore, discover, and read for pleasure after school. Some teachers agree. Other people think reviewing lessons after school is an important stage of learning and preparing kids for the workforce. 

What do you think? We received this question via twitter today! 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think to do homework is good because if I don't do any homework, I won't even open my books. Thus, it's good to have it, but in a balanced quantity I guess. I remember when I was in elementary school or high school, I had so many homework that I couldn't finish them at all and therefore, I was constantly under so many stress that I couldn't enjoy my time at all. That is why I don't like elementary or high schools at all. I got also punished for not finishing them, which affected me mentally too, because I was a good student. The homework was too much that I couldn't finish them. Anyway, I think schools should be in a way that they teach us important things, things that we need for real life like how to be organized or to sum up, how to be consciousnesses. In addition to that, they should attract students to "learning" and "gaining" knowledge not to hating it. Thus, balance is a key. Doing too much homework or not doing it at all is not good.

• Kids should be given assignments  but not every night . They should  have space for their Lessie activities .  Too much of work will indeed make them dull and not allow them to explore and be stress fee as  they  ought to be .....

• again, homework is very important it should never be baned from the teaching process, because it allows teachers to take an overview whether the sts  reall undestand the lesson or not, and it is also the product that teacher expect from thiere students.

This reply was deleted.