There are things in this world which can't be explained by our RELIGIONS but can be explained by SCIENCE so if your religion says that a particular thing exist and science claims it doesn't  vice versa...... who would you believe in  SCIENCE OR YOUR RELIGION  and why......

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Fatma ......... Science neither oppose nor support any religion, its claims are based on facts ....that is way there is always a lot of conflict between Science and Religions ...........
    • Dear Narendra! You know how I like this discussion! But I have to admit that your phrase "Science is neither opposite or supportive as to religion" is doubtful. Science is based on facts and their confirmation. We can prove most of scientific achievements including Relative Theory, not to say about evolution. I think that the main discrepancy is life origin and science will always oppose religious version in this matter. The question is what was the first: matter or spirit. I sincerely believe that matter was the first. How could have any spirit appeared if there had not been any matter?

Thanks for this discussion!

• Hi guys, I know you all are well known about science. But with respect you, I mention something about science.

Science accepts all rational views and select the best  one. Without argues and experiments, science can not make any decision. It does not matter you are clerk (eg-Albert Einstein) or you are king. If you can say something logically and can be proved by experiment, it will be acceptable. For example- In our English club, if I say there is one ghost who regular participates with our discussion, this is my responsibility to proof that there is a  ghost. I can not say that you have to proof there is no ghost, otherwise you should believe it. 

In our open eye , there are a lot of things in the world , we see one things but really that is another things. So how will we sort it out? Only one way that is experiment. Not only one time , it have to have many times , in many places but same result. For instance-Evolution theory, this theory at least 20 million times has been experimented in thousands of renown laboratories but never found single time false of this theory. (If any one argue with me , please search google and number of 20 millions you will find easily.)

As science rely on argue and logic, that's why science always changeable. This change does not mean that we should believe which is not proof yet. For example  Theory of relativity. It was  not theory until it was proved. Now airlines, spaceship or telescope , they all are operated by this theory.

The bottom line is, I am trying to say, we can trust on science in every aspect of our life.

• Dear Lili! As I am online now and this discussion is one of those I really like, I will react and I hope you don't mind. I think that modern educated people can't rely on inexisting gods. It is we who are masters of our lives. Science is an engine of the progress while the church is a brake. However, I wouldn't say that science is always right. WE can't explain many things till now. But it is a matter of time. Abilities of human brains are unlimited. Go ahead!
    • Hi Tanya, I am not sure you mention me as a Lili or not. I just guess that you replied me.

Actually I don't feel comfortable to discuss about religion. That is why I talked about science in my previous writing.

I only understand that we can make better life by using science. We can find out all of answers in science what we need to. Even if you don't believe it , science will never give you punishment in after life. Science will never say, brother is superior than sister. Science will never say, female have to cover their body and male don't have to. Science will never give ultimate rule that can not be changed in future with better logic.

To me, humanity is much much higher than any other thing. If all Gods or religions come to me and say that because of love or sex, someone have to get any sorts of punishment, I would say every human is much better than any God or religions.

But I respect all views of people. My view is that every people can believe and follow anything, unless other people do not suffer by him or her, this is completely their personal matter.

I would happy if anyone do not write anything in this blog about religions or any miracles etc. As we can not spend single minute without science, so we can discuss about science.

I like to think about forward. Now a days scientists are trying to sort out about string theory. They are getting  some clues about Multi-verse. Let us all trying to find out those questions which are not in our hand yet.

• Dear Spiderlily! You have got it right, I have answered to your comment. Honestly, I am not used to such long strange nicks. But it is not a problem. What you say here makes me think that you have good mentality. I agree with almost everything you say although we are of differnet ages and from different cultures. Any human life is priceless. Any human is an individual but it is easier to be a good scholar than to be a good human. Any religion has nothing to do with that. It is how you feel and think and it makes your personality. I wonder you feel confused speaking about religion. Your attitude to it is clear. I feel the same way. If God is a male, I prefer to be non-religious and independent. As a matter of fact, most of men consider me as an equal, not to say more :). However, taking part in this discussion you can't avoid speaking about religion because its main point is "Science vrs faith". I am a Doctor of Natural Science, I just can't believe in fairy tales. However, there is  freedom of faith and freedom of speach and it is for you to decide whether you believe in gods or in common sense and human reason. I am always ready to accept any ideas if they don't bother others to live
  • This reply was deleted.
    • HI Ahmed ........I am not surprised at all After reading your opinion ,because most of the people are rigid when it comes to their religion (specially Muslims) they really don't want to accept the facts......As you mentioned you would always believe in your religion no matter what it claims without facts that means even if you know that a particular point of view of  your religions is not correct or it is false ........You would blindly follow it just because it your religion.....I think it is a question of ego also because you don't want your religion to be proved wrong.......And that is way you have chosen your religion over science.......
    • Dear Ahmed! Your point of view is really inordinary. It reminds me of the discussion I had with one American Doctor of Natural science. I asked him if he believed in Evolution theory and he answered: "Are there any doubts?" Then I asked what was god's role in that process. He answered: "he just helped!"

So, what I want to say is that religion and science have always been in contradiction. You can't trust both

• God is All Powerful. All Forgiving.  And all Loving.  Nothing is impossible for God, so I myself would lean towards Faith in Religion.
  • Hello Narendra Ji,

I thing science and religion are two different tracks. Science believes in facts and proofs and religion entirely depends on faith.We believe in religion blindly.Vedas which had been written thousands of years ago tell us about science , medicine and weapons.As the whole world knows aeroplane was invented by write brothers,then what was that'" viman" in which Ravan had taken Sita from Auyodhya to Sri Lanka?

If television was invented in 18th century then what was that" Divay Drishti" through which Blind Dhritrashtra saw the battle scene of kurukshetra? I have deep faith in religion.

This reply was deleted.