Reading books.

Do you like reading books?

For what purpose do you read books?

what kind of books you prefer?

Is it useful or not? how?

Reading interest depends upon age?

Reading is my hobby.But I don't have enough time to read.During travel time I enjoy reading.I read novels for entertainment.I think reading increase our span of attention and improves our curiosity.

What about you?? 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep. I love to read. 

Well, usually out of urge for knowledge. That means I read at least 3-5 books on one subject, but sometimes up to 15 books. If the matter is more complex and many different approaches exist.  

I prefer it when the author has done serious work on the subject, and when they completely reveal their sources.  

I only read novels to improve my English. I haven't read any novels in German since many, many years. 

I do have an e-reader. And I LOVE IT. Seriously, before that I had to limit the amount of books when I was traveling, or just spending time in the park, or a public swimming pool, to one or two... now I'm taking 300 minimum with me.  Yep, my thurst for books is insatiable. XD XD

• Yes,for sure,I like reading.To say that I mean to read real books,not ebooks.Smell of new book is unforgettable from childhood,when we were free from all modern gadgets.I would like to have more time for reading,but unfortunately nowadays we are and we feel to much hurry,for to stop ourself,for to realize our personal wishes like priority.Means must to check activities and to separate important things from the insignificant.

• More and more public libraries are buying an ebook service. Check yours. 

Otherwise check the author's website and publisher's website. Most authors can't afford to give their books away for free. But most are willing to give you a chapter for free to read. Amazon also lets you read a sample of most books. 

Good example this article

However more and more authors are having their books stolen. Authors are not paid for stolen books and if an author doesn't sell enough, the publisher will not take a chance on future books by that author. 

"Because that’s what it boils down to is convenience. People who illegally download books are more interested in their convenience than in supporting the authors they want to read. It’s not hard to go to the library, it just takes time.

Color Symbolism in Great Gatsby
    FreeBookSummary.com ✅. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is full of symbols and symbolic ideas. Fitzgerald portrays important messages in the n…
  • Yes I love reading books (in physical) not e-books. (Though I read e-books too sometimes.)

Main purpose is to enjoy, then to expand, emotional, sensual, social perspective.  (Though I myself is not social).

The book, every book which can attract my reading attention.

It is no doubt, how, (don't ask read books yourself you will understand).

No, there is no limit of age, you can read book from when you start reading till  death.

• @ Elen...

Well said.Reading make us to learn many things.Reading gives confidence, strength and will power to us.I appreciate your reading habit.Thanks for your nice comment.

• @ Edward Murray.....

Are u escape from this real world by reading books???.Good thought.So you like to live in fantasy world?.Great.... Thanks for your valuable comment

• @ ME.....

Being lazy you missed the happiness of reading.Just read and enjoy the world's happiness.Thanks for your visit and comments.

• I like reading books. It gives me simulated experience which I can't experience and new knowledge. I am recently reading easy English books to improve my English and enjoy them.

• Hi Kala , 

As for me reading is not just a mere hobby . I can not go through the day without reading . I started reading at the age of four and I have not not stopped reading until today. I can read any thing newspapers magazines historical books , but I prefer novels the most . I really try hard because I wanna be a novelist  . The last novel I read was  Wuthering Heights .I truely recommend it it is very interesting . In fact I read it more than one time  , it is worthy reading. 

• I like reading books/whatever readable.  Reading is very essential for learning (in every learner of the language case).

I read books basically for learning, for enjoying, for relaxing, for nurturing my writing my power.

I mostly like novels, or sometimes informative articles and essays.

Like I said earlier it is (reading) very useful, especially for learning. READ AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. It provides word power, opens the vision, increase experience, life experience.

If you have build a reading habit, there is no age limit.  I started reading since my childhood and still I am reading.

This reply was deleted.