Reading books.

Do you like reading books?

For what purpose do you read books?

what kind of books you prefer?

Is it useful or not? how?

Reading interest depends upon age?

Reading is my hobby.But I don't have enough time to read.During travel time I enjoy reading.I read novels for entertainment.I think reading increase our span of attention and improves our curiosity.

What about you?? 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• tenor.gif?itemid=5869157

• Hahaha! That looks like a happy Cthulhu 

• Does it now? Your idea of happiness is disturbingly subjective which is absolutely fine, by the way.

• Sure do, I love reading :)
    And I read only for entertaining purposes. Everytime I read for academics I got deadly bored.
    I think reading can have a lot of benefits: It broadens not only the imagination, but also the intellect, it helps to see and hopefully understand points of view, opinions, backgrounds that are different from ours. It is a cheap way of traveling, it helps to avoid undesired people talking to you on your way home, it helps to kill time. It helps to improve your writing skills and it broadens your vocabulary. 
    Also, if you put a little effort, you can use it as a tool to improve your analysis skills - though I haven't improve mines AT.A.L.L. 'cause I have given that little tiny effort part.

I don't have a favorite kind of book. I like to read children's, horror, existential, dystopian, 18+, long etc.

Right now I'm reading Girl with Curious Hair by David Foster Wallace in my native language and whenever I got bored of it I continue reading The Complete Works by H P Lovecraft in English.

• I like to read books. Historical books, novels and books with detectives (I love mystery) and generally books that have as fond History and real facts and stories like: WWI, WWII, Jack the ripper, and other things. This kind of books helps me to learn many things. I also like to read books which their stories take place in different period of time and in different places. For exapmle, recently I read a story which was situated in London in 1890. I have read a book that the story was situated in France around 1600 or somewhere there (I dont remember well). I like to see how was the life that time and it is magical when I can see the images and catch the feeling while I am reading. Writer has done very very good work :)

Generally I like books that keeps my interest and I learn from them. I don't like books that say much but say nothing.

• I'm fond of fantasy books, like Sapkowski, Abercrombie, Cook, Martin, etc. It helps to escape the real world. But also classics, documentary or historical pieces are great. Read all the same is boring, so these are great genres to make a change and educate ownself. 

• @Magnificent Eagle....
    Reading gives us happiness.But nowadays smart phone, internet replaced it and predominates our mind.Technology improves and the habit of reading decreased.
    Thanks for your valuable comment.
  • @Diah.....
    Reading increases our knowledge and lightening our thoughts and activities.Thanks for your comment.
  • Hi Kala! Yes, I do really like read everything hahaha. I like both fiction and non fiction books, articles, news, people's comments, and so on as long as it is interesting for me. I mean, not all non fiction books/articles are interesting, so it depends on which one looks brighter so attracts me to read.

I think read is not only as hobby, but also our necessary. Why? I still believe of an old saying "Book is a world's window". By reading, it can raise our knowledge even for a small thing in life.... I can't even mention one by one the advantages of reading. There are also some advantages of reading people's comment through social media such as we can see what others' point of view and sometimes I like to see people create war in comment sections hahaha (especially the goofy people who talk nonsense and not relatable to the topic but they keep their opinions as the truth!)

Anyway, what a lovely discussion!
  • HTTPS9tZWRpYS50ZW5vci5jby9pbWFnZXMvNzUwNDhlYmU0ZTlhMDFhZTc2NGYwM2M2NzMyZmNmNjIvcmF3.gif Happy explaining.

This reply was deleted.