Privacy

My wife looks at my mobile phone curiously. Whenever I come back from work and go to the children's room, or the toilet or do anything, she just holds it and begins to see the messages and the pictures. At first, I did not pay attention to it, but lately, I began to feel uneasy about it. I trust my wife and she trusts me, but I feel that observing my mobile phone when I am not around is like invading my privacy. Of course, she has the right to check or fetch it if she feels anything unfamiliar or suspicious about my behavior. The question is, do you feel comfortable if someone looks, checks or spies on your cell phone?     

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• :)

• Buena idea, senior Estanis pero will she stop asking for the password? My wife is very curious. I am sure she will say, "what is the password for your cell phone?". Anyway, it is a good idea, I will try to use it and see. Thanks, Mr. Estanis for your useful password idea. 

• Neither my husband nor I take the mobile from each other to spy on it.
    I understand that you don't feel comfortable with the habit of your wife. You should tell her that. Even if there aren't secrets on our mobiles, we should respect the privacy also in a marriage. It's a sign and proof of respect and trust.

• Well, I don't have my own experience about marriage life, but I thought to leave a reply for your post : )

Women just like to observe about what's going on with their partner's life and they clearly not think it's a privacy violation :D but I agree with you married or not everybody need their privacy.

If your wife checks your phone time to time, I think she just checks it like Facebook or something like that, and most of the time it's not about the trust issues. 

However, the problem is she checks it when you're not around her, and that make you uncomfortable. So let me ask a question, are you busy too much these days, like you don't have to time to spend with your wife?

If you are, then maybe she thinks you don't share things like before. Perhaps she tries to find what's going on with you so ask from her, and let her know how you feel. That's the best way : ) or just ignore it like Mishaikh said.

• How about setting a password? I don't have any btw.

• Asante sana Molemane, thanks for pressing the like button of Privacy.

• Zvychayno Roman! Of course, if we have nothing to hide, we feel comfortable. Thanks for your nice comment on Privacy. 

• Mashaa Allah, Mr. Mishaikh! Your answers are like medicine. You and Mr. Mishaikh always give short and exact remedies for the problem. I really appreciate that. Thanks for a nice and useful comment.  

• Khaili mumnoon doste khoban, Muhammad! Women understand each other and they know better in such matters. Thanks for your advice.

• Nao exatamente! Eu nao gusto, Pgm. It upsets me. The trust is there all right, but you know women. I have just been telling my friend, Diah about it. Thanks, Pgm for your nice observation. 

This reply was deleted.