Polygamy

The idea of the debate came to me while I was chatting with the distinguished lady, Bet. The subject is not new; it is about marrying more than one wife. God said, ((And if you fear to deal justly with orphan girls, you can marry a woman of your choice, two, and three, and four. If you are afraid to be just, take one…)). Therefore, our religion did not make polygamy obligatory or encouraged it, only in certain cases and for certain reasons. 

Will two women make a man happy? Suppose, he has three, will he be happier? What about four? These are rare cases for us, the men. In case of money and ability to do so.

One woman is enough to make her man happy. By the way, I used to have four but not at one time. I could not feel that happiness or the peace of mind. Some men might have one wife and three or four secretly. Is that right? Of course, the matter is different from one community to the other. It is a long story, but the members can give some help.     

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kiya haal hain, Eman? Even if we are rich and we try to act justly, we cannot do it. Allah said in Quraan that we cannot be fair with them even if we are careful. Eman, you know perfectly well that a heart loves one person. Of course, I love my wives but the degree is variable from one to the other. By the way, you used the word "wisdom" in your nice comment, it is the title of my new blog. Please, look at it. Thanks for your time reading and commenting on Polygamy.

• Halet chetore Darius? Khaili mumnoon. The woman can have more than two husbands maybe, more than that and she is capable of doing it. The problem of the children will confront us. These social psychological resistances as you mentioned them there, would they suit that situation? I looked at the videos sent by the respected lady, Rosemary. That lady is mating with this man. In the morning, she has another guy. The intimacy, love, and affection, and other feelings are scattered here and there. Your point of view is very provocative. It's interesting to add more Gass to Polygamy.

• Halet chetore Darus? I will let the great blogger comment on this too. He could add something useful to your nice intervention. Thanks, Darius for your comment on Polygamy.

• Nugta wahidah fagat aiyz agoola laou samahti. Regarding marrying another wife, it is not necessarily taking her permission, that is, of course, if he is giving his first wife all her needs, and her rights as you mentioned in your nice intervention. I asked many ulama about it, I attended many lectures about this. Later on, you can tell her about your marriage. it is a matter of respect, appreciation, and mutual understanding.

SNR, you are like moderator Onee, you never like to get another woman sharing your man. It is your right of course. We have to think a lot before getting married to another woman. I am doing this now. The amount of a headache during the week needs a pile of paracetamol  Thanks for your nice intervention on Polygamy.

• Islee, aap Mishaikh link deko! Some of the members provided some useful links to help, can you see them? Of course, each country follows its own rules and traditions. Regarding that word 'secretly' which you wrote, we do not want things to be dealt under the table. Thanks Bharath for your points on Polygamy.

• My point of view is Basicly i am from INDIA, In our country we give lot of importance to our culture.

• As our culture each person have only one wife

• It is good thing to keep only one wife

• in our culture it's a crime maintaing of more than one wife secretly as per our hindu Vedas

• Como estas Franklin? Bienvenido all klub! Ante todo, welcome to the club. First, I want to be one of your friends, is that possible? I agree with you, if a man is happy with two wives or more, no one will make a story about it. Please, see the links provided by Rosemary or by Iraqi John. We have a saying, (if two or more people agree and they are satisfied, why does the judge interfere?) I really hope to be one of your friends. Thanks for your comment on Polygamy.

• happiness is a relative concept. What one person supports their happiness differs from another's. If one man holds his happiness in collecting wives, that's respectable. 

• Halo Hana, I was busy with my son last week. I couldn't reply fully to your nice intervention. I agree with you about it. They are rare cases that the wife gives the green light for her husband to marry another woman. We have mentioned some of these circumstances. During the years of tyranny, oppression, lack of knowledge, people used to marry many women. As you mentioned, one queen, the legal wife and an army of illegal ones. I really appreciate your time reading and  commenting on Polygamy. 

• Asante sana Molemane! Of course, I was married legally to them. it is a shame for a man of my age to do that. I mean to commit fornication or adultery. By the way, where have you been, lovely lady? Thanks for your comment on Polygamy.

This reply was deleted.