Polygamy

The idea of the debate came to me while I was chatting with the distinguished lady, Bet. The subject is not new; it is about marrying more than one wife. God said, ((And if you fear to deal justly with orphan girls, you can marry a woman of your choice, two, and three, and four. If you are afraid to be just, take one…)). Therefore, our religion did not make polygamy obligatory or encouraged it, only in certain cases and for certain reasons. 

Will two women make a man happy? Suppose, he has three, will he be happier? What about four? These are rare cases for us, the men. In case of money and ability to do so.

One woman is enough to make her man happy. By the way, I used to have four but not at one time. I could not feel that happiness or the peace of mind. Some men might have one wife and three or four secretly. Is that right? Of course, the matter is different from one community to the other. It is a long story, but the members can give some help.     

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Sir Dara,

I just read your discussion and saw many comments on it. The topic became controversial because it relates to one religion, Islam. Polygamy is legal way to have one more wife, not cheating behind his spouse. Though to take this way there are some rules (Islam's rules) that to be fulfilled first by the man, if he cannot just don’t do this.  

So, I think it will be okay if his wife agrees with the decision of marrying another woman, it is about their deal in this matter. And then case is closed. I myself personally don’t want to be the second one if I had experience in it. The thing that confusing me till nowadays is the same as Rosemary saying, when the issues come from Islam there will be debate. How about cheating, prostitute and so on?

Thanks Sir Dara to arise the good topic here.

• If the first women have no problem as well as you can manage both the wifes,then carry on :P

• It depends on men either he would be happier with one or more wives or not. If a man doesn't elated with one wife then he would never delighted by having 3 or 4 spouse

• Shinu ya Seif? Ajabatni kalmat "struggle" I like the word 'struggle' at the end of your nice comment.  We all prefer someone who goes with us till we grow old. We want him or her to be our partner and our support in life. By the way, you put the medicine in the wound. I mean by that last sentence. Their sons might not be happy and there could be a loss of identity. Thanks Seif for your useful comment on Polygamy. 

• Tumarah merhani Royal Falcon! Thanks for your encouragement. It happened by chance when I was chatting with my the respected lady, Bet a week ago. Thanks for that link for practicing how to speak. I really appreciate it. We hope to reach a final solution for Polygamy.  

• My happiness will be completed when you become my friend. Is it possible to be one of your friends, Lola? I, myself, like the diversity of manifestations of life. I prefer legal happiness. I mean, I cannot be a woman as a wife to two or three men at one time. The happiness here is not legal. I were a woman, I would prefer one husband. Thanks Lola for your comment. I hope to receive the friend request soon from you. I really like your comment on. Polygamy. 

• Privyet Winnie The Pooh, a kaja spasibo! Winnie, did you see the link provided by Mr. Mishaikh or Rosemary, or by Iraqui John? I am referring here to your line about to husbands for one wife. Did you mean that? The lady from Germany, Rose asked that question. In case of two husbands to one wife. The problem of the children will arise. Of course, conditions vary from one community to the other. I agree with you, no parents compel their kids to marry. Although I wanted to compel my sons to become succor players to gain piles of money.  EC members opposed that. Thanks Winnie for that idea about Polygamy.   

• Spasibo Svetlana! The lovely blonde lady, Svetlana doesn't mind polygamy as long as it does not hurt anyone. Of course, after the acceptance of the parties involved. I am also with the lady in her thought.( Please, see the link provided by Rosemary). We can love two wives differently. I don't know, but does the heart love one woman? I am not sure about this but I guess it can love one wife more than the others. The handsome, Danny Clark has a point of view. After prayer, I shall try to see it. Thanks Lana for your daring point of view on Polygamy. 

• You are always welcome my dear friend Dara. And thank you for your point of view. I agree with you.

• Thanks Ellla for your nice comment. It is true that one woman can make a 'kinky' man happy as you said. We, men, have strange desires sometimes.  If you notice that sentence provided by the respected lady, Diah, ( They marry another young sexy lady fresh from the oven.) You mention the word, 'kinky' and it is true, Ella. Some of us are more than kinky. One more thing, Ella, is it possible to be one of your friends? Thanks for your comment on Polygamy.

This reply was deleted.