Polygamy

The idea of the debate came to me while I was chatting with the distinguished lady, Bet. The subject is not new; it is about marrying more than one wife. God said, ((And if you fear to deal justly with orphan girls, you can marry a woman of your choice, two, and three, and four. If you are afraid to be just, take one…)). Therefore, our religion did not make polygamy obligatory or encouraged it, only in certain cases and for certain reasons. 

Will two women make a man happy? Suppose, he has three, will he be happier? What about four? These are rare cases for us, the men. In case of money and ability to do so.

One woman is enough to make her man happy. By the way, I used to have four but not at one time. I could not feel that happiness or the peace of mind. Some men might have one wife and three or four secretly. Is that right? Of course, the matter is different from one community to the other. It is a long story, but the members can give some help.     

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hahaha. I love your sense of humor dear Dara. You always raise my mood. Also, I like to read your blogs and discussions. 

English is my favorite hobby and I like teacher Tanya too much. Her lessons are so useful for me. And as a diligent student I will be happy to get any help from all teachers. 

• Maybe maybe. "hungry and thirsty". thank you for your wishes. Have a good time too.

• Tak sprahu, Svetlana! Thirsty for these things together makes it. Mr. Clark knows it. I hope to be one of his friends. Thanks Lana for your understanding about Polygamy.   

• My pleasure. You know dear Dara, as for me, All is well that ends well. If people are happy it doesn't matter one wife or many of them, one husband or many men. The most important is to stay human beings.

• Hi, Dara and everyone! I was away for long but I can't help replying! You all know I am a Western atheistic man and it is really tempting to write a few words in this connection!

So, let's start with scientific facts. People are not monogamic. We do like having many partners during our lives especially being young enough. In fact, we could have had polygamic marriages but let's consider their social effects. If I had 3 wives, I would have to afford them all and their kids up to standard. I would have to work three jobs to buy them all exclusive clothes from world famous fashion designers, Italian footwear, South African diamonds, Australian black opals, Indian rubies and much more! I would have three mothers-in-law not to say about three fathers who may interfere, too. I would have to have a house 5 times as large as mine, I would have to buy more cars, hire more home staff and so on! And it is only the financial part of the problem. If I had three wifes I (or they) had to make a schedule of my visiting them at night and I would have to satisfy them all and ginsana wouldn't help! I would have to choose the main or favorite or the first wife (I don't know how you call it!) and it would cause a true revolution in my family! They might poison each other or me! LOL! Needless to say, all women would like to raise kids together and it is well-known that too many cooks spoil the borth! Besides, all my women would strat fighting to be the first and would spoil my life completely! So, one wife is more than enough! It is unnecessary to marry them all although I like the idea of being surronded by great ladies. One cooks, another sets a table, another sings, another dances, another takes a dog out! Sounds just great! But when they come together, it is better for us to have some reliable shelter to stay alive!

So, my conclusion is: if I were a sultan, I would be a bachelor and would enjoy my life without any problems following any marriage!

Hahahahah!

• as you have said it is not obligatory in Islam to  have four wife at the same time, but it is not forbidden also,any  how it is possible in certain cases , i  my self prefer to have only one women in all time and i grow old in age with her,i have witnessed many  polygamy cases and rarely they live happy live always they have problems that emerge from their polygamy life , even if  wife are satisfied by that type of life their sons will not. and that created struggle within the big family ... 

• waooooo!!!!!!

that's a great piece of work on reality-based,,,,u 've made a very good attempt on a modern-day phenomenon,,,, carry on n all our best wishes r with u!!!!

• I reviewed a lot of videos on polygamy. I saw many different families there. Sometimes people can be happy in polygamous marriages. Why not if everyone is happy in this union. It is unacceptable for me personally, because of my mentality. But I do not deny the diversity of manifestations of life, traditions, cultures. I hope you are happy with my opinion Mr. Dara GinoJ

• Adults have to take their's choice about marriage.
    Two husbands or four wives it does not metter.
    Nobody must get married in spite of himself /herself (parents have not to compel to marrage)

• It is hard to discuss this topic and judge someone. Many people, many opinions and different situations.
    My point of view is all is well what makes people happy.
    It doesn't matter one or two wives. Especially, If they accept that. The matter is to make your life and life of your close people fine and don't hurt anyone. I am sure it is possible to love two persons even with different love. Anyway, we are owners of our lives. No one can make it better than we can do.

This reply was deleted.