meaning of the sentences

Hi there!

I couldn't get the meaning of following sentences. if time permits you, can you give me simple explanation.

Thank you.

1. I don't think that makes sense.

2. I owe you

3. I didn't realize how much I was putting on you.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1. I don't think that makes sense.

1. I think it has no meaning/I think it is illogical = I don't think it has any meaning./I don't think it is logical

2. I owe you

2. I must pay for something back, I must give money (or something else) back to somebody.  

3. I didn't realize how much I was putting on you.

3. I dind't realize how much pressure I was putting on you.

Hope this will help you

• very good explanation and I understood. thank you so much for your help,MARCO

• 1 - When somebody explains something to you that doesn't make any sense, the person is giving you a bad explanation or telling you things that you don't believe . In those cases you would say something like that. Think- Have a particular belief or idea.

Sense - A reasonable or comprehensible rationale. Example: I can’t see the sense in leaving all the work to you.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/

2 - Said to thank someone for helping you and as a way of saying that you will do something for them in the future: Example: Thanks for the help, Bill - I owe you one.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/pt/dicionario/britanico/i-owe-you-one

3 - This one is a guess. I think it has something to do with expectations or any kind of figurative pressure. For example: You are married and you start complaining about money problems and saying how much you would like to move to a better house. The other person in the relationship would be facing a lot of pressure because of that, so this person tells you how much he/her is feeling bad about the situation. You could say: "I didn't realize how much I was putting on you." which would mean you didn't know how much "pressure" you were putting on him/her.

I hope I was able to help you.

Bye!!

• very good explanation and I understood. thank you so much for your help, Joseane Cardoso

• You're welcome Sam!! Bye

This reply was deleted.