Marriage of minors

The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their children, they are girls of age between seven, eight or up to twelve or thirteen. If you go to refugee camps, the matter is bigger than you can imagine. For the lack of food, shelter or education, people marry their girls. Some of these girls do not know what marriage is. Greedy ones are taking the advantage of the situations. Those who are rich offer their money for a nine-year-old girl. To add more petrol to the fire, there are some people who arrange these marriages, taking the need of the family and the demand of the other side who wants to satisfy his desire.

Is it because of poverty,  the absence of conscience or the wars?

Is there any remedy for this matter?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• None excuses for marriages with minors!!! Every single excuse is a crime within itself. Kids must be protected. We haven't to think about reasons. Every single faked reason is just a weak attempt to excuse crime.
    To speak clearly : Men which marry kids are just sick with a rotten brain, controlled and driven by  perverse sexual impulses and lusts. You can find that kind of men everywhere... men they have joy and desire to abuse kids for their sick desire. Not all of them marry the minors. Men which marry them are just the tip of this cruel and despising behavior ...   much higher is the number of men they rape or abuse minors ... secretly and sneaky ... they treat them like goods, things ... not like humans with a vulnerable soul and bleeding heart.
    Law should punish everyone of them .... hard without mercy ... no excuses are accepted ... because there are none.. That's my opinion.

• Eva, you are absolutely right.  As I said severe (and unbiased) punishment is the only solution. 

Where there is no 'justice' that society is corrupt.

I have read somewhere, in WWII when London was destroyed by German, there was shaken economy prevailed.  Once Churchill was shown concern on this.  He asked, "Tell me what has happened to our 'justice system'?" The answer was given to him "It is still intact!". "Then nothing is going to happen to our society, we will survive".

See 'the just' 'justice system' is the only prove of a healthy society. Otherwise, nothing, but all CORRUPTION.

Evangelina said:

Sir Dara,

Yes, of course there is a remedy, just read my comment please...and then keep in mind, I have a very hard time staying constructive when we are talking about lack of children's rights... because they are innocent and defenseless.

And the absolute matter of course is, that it is their parents ultimate responsibility to protect them, regardless and no matter what might be the circumstances... there are no excuses, there can not be any excuses! Parents are a child's protecter and the primary caregiver, whom they trust unconditionally.

That trust is not there to be broken, by those who gave birth!

Any parent who sells their child/girls who are minors...at the ages as you mentioned above, to marry elder men...there are only and only one word what describes those, and that word is - A PEDOPHILE.

There are no discussions here, that is a fact... and the parents who sell their girls, they are just honorless people...shame on them so much for all eternity!

If some have brain activity enough how to make a child...and they afterwards don't have brain activity enough to protect this child...this should be done towards them;

The man who marries and minor, should have cut his dick of...and the girls parents should be corporal punished, so they can feel the same misery as they consciously put upon their child.

In such places, people only understand this kind of lovable language.

Again let me repeat my words, it is no human right to have children... if people can not provide for them for various reasons, they should refrain from giving birth.

There are no excuses, even not poverty.

And this is my honest and true opinion about this matter, and I do not care what others may think of me for writing so.
  • Spasibo Elvina! As you know, if there is a will, there is a way. The society is us, you and me. As you said, it's the worst problem, but we have to find a solution or remedy to it. how about education? Or helping the poor as Chitra and some other members mentioned before. Thanks, Elvina!

Elvina said:

In my personal view this is a very big problem of some countries where people make ends meet because of povetry. I can't imagine how  people can make a decision. It is a pity to know about small girls' life in such countries.It is terrible. I don't know whether there is a remedy from this worst problem. This problem depends on the definite society.

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • In my personal view this is a very big problem of some countries where people make ends meet because of povetry. I can't imagine how  people can make a decision. It is a pity to know about small girls' life in such countries.It is terrible. I don't know whether there is a remedy from this worst problem. This problem depends on the definite society.

countries.it - This website is for sale! - countries Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! countries.it is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of wh…
  • Kalespera Evangelina, I guess the term pedophile is the exact word for our problem. I think it's a disease. I always remember the word "severe" which was used by Mr. Mishaikh in the kind of punishment for a person who commits such a crime. Eva, don't you think religion can play a role in this matter? Education, on the other hand, is essential. Thanks for that analytic intervention. Wasn't I right when I said, you write from deep inside your heart? God bless you Eva for those nice points for that problem of the pedophile. Thank you!

Evangelina said:

Sir Dara,

Yes, of course there is a remedy, just read my comment please...and then keep in mind, I have a very hard time staying constructive when we are talking about lack of children's rights... because they are innocent and defenseless.

And the absolute matter of course is, that it is their parents ultimate responsibility to protect them, regardless and no matter what might be the circumstances... there are no excuses, there can not be any excuses! Parents are a child's protecter and the primary caregiver, whom they trust unconditionally.

Any parent who sells their child/girls who are minors...at the ages as you mentioned above, to marry elder men...there are only and only one word what describes those, and that word is - A PEDOPHILE.

There are no discussions here, that is a fact... and the parents who sell their girls, they are just honorless people...shame on them so much for all eternity!

If some have brain activity enough how to make a child...and they afterwards don't have brain activity enough to protect this child...this should be done towards them;

The man who marries and minor, should have cut his dick of...and the girls parents should be corporal punished, so they can feel the same misery as they consciously put upon their child.

Again let me repeat my words, it is no human right to have children... if people can not provide for them for various reasons, they should refrain from giving birth.

And this is my honest and true opinion about this matter, and I do not care what others may think of me for writing so.
    Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • Danyawaad Chitra! I noticed that in India. The number is increasing every day. What about the government? Isn't there a law to punish those criminals. I have a solution, Chitra. Why doesn't the Indian government fix the dowery? for instance, fix the rate of ten thousand for each marriage. Thanks, Chitra for your useful and thoughtful comment! 

Chitra said:

Yes.....This is the main problem in India.I think poverty is the only reason for this.The second reason is the dowry system.....the social evil , affects most of the middle class family.If the literacy rate is increased ,marriage of minors will be lowered....it's my opinion.

Marriage of minors
  • Prevyet Winnie The Pooh, it is indeed a serious criminal. We should do something about it. Thanks Winnie!

WinnieThePooh said:

"Marriage" with minors is a serious criminal offense.

Marriage of minors
  • Ifcharisto polly Evangelina! I want to go to take my children for their vaccination and I shall come back to reply your frank and straight forward opinion. Mr. Mishaikh made it clear from the first time like you here. He said that severe punishment must be carried out against those criminals. Of course, he meant both the parents and the one who takes advantage of the circumstances. two hours, and I will come back to reread your nice remedy for this problem. Thanks, Eva! 
    Evangelina said:

Sir Dara,

Marriage of minors
  • "Marriage" with minors is a serious criminal offense.

• Saya setuju dengan anda, Diah! benar benar! Tidak merasa kasihan, teman ku. Nurani penting. I do not know why am I concentrating on the conscience? Is it because it is related to the mind? Maybe, religion can play a basic role here. I agree with you, Diah. It's the social fever of the elders. They had already put in their minds that Tina is for Tom. Tina and Tom used to play together when they were children. Now, both of them have a different direction. They are a man and a woman. Maturity is not like childhood. Thanks Diah for your nice points about this problem! 

Diah said:

In my opinion, the marriage of minors occur because of the complex things around its circumstances. It's not about the poverty itself, war, nor the absence of conscience. But it's such a very complicated issue that maybe include tradition, free life style, lack of education, etc that force the minors have to marry at their young age. I feel so pity about this issue and also I think the good solution should start from the basic educatiobn about health reproduction to underage and make a regulation or policy to all society.
    Marriage of minors
This reply was deleted.