Marriage of minors

The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their children, they are girls of age between seven, eight or up to twelve or thirteen. If you go to refugee camps, the matter is bigger than you can imagine. For the lack of food, shelter or education, people marry their girls. Some of these girls do not know what marriage is. Greedy ones are taking the advantage of the situations. Those who are rich offer their money for a nine-year-old girl. To add more petrol to the fire, there are some people who arrange these marriages, taking the need of the family and the demand of the other side who wants to satisfy his desire.

Is it because of poverty,  the absence of conscience or the wars?

Is there any remedy for this matter?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kai sei hain? My Gugrati is not that good, I hope I learn some more from. My friend, engineer Dileep Ram Chandra taught me how to speak some Gugrati. Lack of conscience could be the main reason, I am not sure about other reasons, but if there is no conscience to prevent you from hurting people or do them bad things, in my opinion, the other reasons can come respectively or as in second grade after the conscience. Because it's important to us what is morally right. Poverty (wow), it could also be another factor. Education as you mentioned, is essential. Thanks Tushar for the nice intervention!

Tushar said:

Dara, every judgement a person makes depends upon the situation around him. Observing some communities, I would blame two things--Strange Tradition (again?!) and lack of conscience. In some communities, there is a tradition of marrying boys and girls even in their childhood. If not done so, the daughter would not get a great family and a greater bridegroom for her. This is the social fever of the elders. But when parents marry their daughters for money even to old men, then it is evidently the lack of conscience. Poverty is a condition, mismatch (for money) is a man-made disaster. This must stop. Only laws cannot do. Along with laws, social awakening and financial help to needy families are essential. Thanks Dara.

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • In my opinion, the marriage of minors occur because of the complex things around its circumstances. It's not about the poverty itself, war, nor the absence of conscience. But it's such a very complicated issue that maybe include tradition, free life style, lack of education, etc that force the minors have to marry at their young age. I feel so pity about this issue and also I think the good solution should start from the basic educatiobn about health reproduction to underage and make a regulation or policy to all society.
  • Dara, every judgement a person makes depends upon the situation around him. Observing some communities, I would blame two things--Strange Tradition (again?!) and lack of conscience. In some communities, there is a tradition of marrying boys and girls even in their childhood. If not done so, the daughter would not get a great family and a greater bridegroom for her. This is the social fever of the elders. But when parents marry their daughters for money even to old men, then it is evidently the lack of conscience. Poverty is a condition, mismatch (for money) is a man-made disaster. This must stop. Only laws cannot do. Along with laws, social awakening and financial help to needy families are essential. Thanks Dara.

• Much obliged Williams! Your comment is more than meaningful to us, too. Look at that old man to marry a young girl. Maybe, she is younger than his granddaughter. Those were only examples, but in reality, we will find more strange and criminal behavior than that. What does a fifteen-year-old girl do with an old man like that? He certainly could not satisfy her. Thanks Willie!

Williams said:

Nice topics. I think its a social disease. Poverty is the big issue for happening it. Most of the times poor parent are not able to take responsibility for their children for poverty. Even you can see that most of the poor family having lot of children more than capability. Few days ago I watched a news that a 70 years old guy marry a 15 years old girl and this was happened only for poverty. Its really shameless news for all of us. But I think it should be changed one day. Lot of country now giving top priority to overcome for this type of situation even the government implemented the law for this.    

So my opinion , to stop underage marry need awareness of society first, education, limited kids instead of lot of kids, necessary money and most important is government law & implement it strongly.

Thanks dear Dara gino for sharing your nice, useful & meaningful topics always, from where we can learn something always. I appreciate it.      

Marriage of minors
    The marriage of minors or underage is growing rapidly on these days. Because of poverty or any other lack of substantial matters, people marry their…
  • Bahut shukriya Ali! We will also pray for them. Do you know that some of them used to have a building of more than three floors, and they had factories and businesses? In a short time, those people found themselves without homes or any shelter. Their bed is the ground and their cover is the sky. We pray for them, my dear good friend, Ali. Can I be one of your friends? Thanks

• we should pray for all refugee....

ali said:

dara gino said:

bahut acha hain Rahul Wazir, lakin kioyn? Vivet mahatvapoorn hain. I could have gone with all the previous points you had mentioned there, but the conscience is very important here. alive conscience will never order or insinuate such evil matters. On the contrary, it will prohibit and prevent from such disgusting, brutal and inhuman act. I noticed that Mr. Mishaikh referred to such regulations for countries that do not have such laws. To be honest with you, Rahul, the marriage of minors is a rare case here. It's always born in private circumstances, like wars, refugee camps, absolute poverty and so on. Thanks for your analyzing comment!

Rahul Wazir said:

Hello Dara gino jee ! Thanks for starting the discussion on one of the important social issue of our society.

Child Marriage is also a biggest problem in India, for removing this menace government of India has enacted several laws and punishment. As per Indian Law of Marriage Act the minimum age for marriage in India is 21 for boys and 18 for girls. Here Child marriage is a crime. India government is also spending lots of money on promoting this message. In promotion campaign, they always show precisely and clearly about the pros and cons of this social issue.

However, India is at number 2 in child marriages (as per The Hindu (it is a newspaper published on Sep 12, 2014))

There are many reasons behind it.

1) Dowry

2) There is no fear of punishment in culprits.

3) Lack of awareness in people about the laws and regulation.

4) Lack of Education. People must know that below 18 years old girls are not ready for marriage, neither physically or mentally. The main reason behind early death of mother and offspring is CHILD marriage.

5) Corrupt bureaucrats, who always leave the culprits just for few amount of bribe.

I agree with your reasons of child marriage like poverty and wars. However, I don’t with the reason “the absence of conscience”. These guys are mature and they very well know what is right and what is wrong.

I have seen in my life, in case of men or to anyone, if one asks them “Is eve-teasing wrong?” they always give answer “yes, it is wrong”…  but still girls are facing this.

I don’t know what I say this kind of situation but “the absence of conscience” is not the reason behind it.

A good EDUCATION POLICY and LAW & REGULATION can solve this problem.

THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINION.

http://www.myenglishclub.com/forum/comment/show?id=2524315%3AComment%3A6022105&xn_out=json&firstPag…

• dara gino said:

bahut acha hain Rahul Wazir, lakin kioyn? Vivet mahatvapoorn hain. I could have gone with all the previous points you had mentioned there, but the conscience is very important here. alive conscience will never order or insinuate such evil matters. On the contrary, it will prohibit and prevent from such disgusting, brutal and inhuman act. I noticed that Mr. Mishaikh referred to such regulations for countries that do not have such laws. To be honest with you, Rahul, the marriage of minors is a rare case here. It's always born in private circumstances, like wars, refugee camps, absolute poverty and so on. Thanks for your analyzing comment!

Rahul Wazir said:

Hello Dara gino jee ! Thanks for starting the discussion on one of the important social issue of our society.

Child Marriage is also a biggest problem in India, for removing this menace government of India has enacted several laws and punishment. As per Indian Law of Marriage Act the minimum age for marriage in India is 21 for boys and 18 for girls. Here Child marriage is a crime. India government is also spending lots of money on promoting this message. In promotion campaign, they always show precisely and clearly about the pros and cons of this social issue.

However, India is at number 2 in child marriages (as per The Hindu (it is a newspaper published on Sep 12, 2014))

1) Dowry

4) Lack of Education. People must know that below 18 years old girls are not ready for marriage, neither physically or mentally. The main reason behind early death of mother and offspring is CHILD marriage.

5) Corrupt bureaucrats, who always leave the culprits just for few amount of bribe.

I agree with your reasons of child marriage like poverty and wars. However, I don’t with the reason “the absence of conscience”. These guys are mature and they very well know what is right and what is wrong.

I have seen in my life, in case of men or to anyone, if one asks them “Is eve-teasing wrong?” they always give answer “yes, it is wrong”…  but still girls are facing this.

I don’t know what I say this kind of situation but “the absence of conscience” is not the reason behind it.

Marriage of minors
  • bahut acha hain Rahul Wazir, lakin kioyn? Vivet mahatvapoorn hain. I could have gone with all the previous points you had mentioned there, but the conscience is very important here. alive conscience will never order or insinuate such evil matters. On the contrary, it will prohibit and prevent from such disgusting, brutal and inhuman act. I noticed that Mr. Mishaikh referred to such regulations for countries that do not have such laws. To be honest with you, Rahul, the marriage of minors is a rare case here. It's always born in private circumstances, like wars, refugee camps, absolute poverty and so on. Thanks for your analyzing comment!

Rahul Wazir said:

1) Dowry

Marriage of minors
  • Pata nahi Mishaikh. These guys are fishing in troubled waters. They are just after themselves. I guess they have no value for themselves either. For those, I mean the criminals, they have no mercy on their hearts at all, and they do not know what is the meaning of humanity. They want to satisfy their desires, that's all. Thanks, Mishaikh for useful ideas and comments! I really appreciate that. Thank you!

Mishaikh said:

The buyers are the prime criminal.  The sellers are under circumstantial pressure.  They, however, be educated and be provided with at least their basic needs.  The buyers of the girls, instead of buying, why don't they help these families.  They can adopt these children legally.

dara gino said:

Shukriya janab Mishaikh! Does that include the family as well? Before that, why doesn't the family look for other ways to solve the problem? Why don't they seek the help of God? I guess the severe punishment is the good solution as you mentioned. Thanks, Mr. Mishaikh for you wise and useful comments!

Mishaikh said:

Implementation of law of the related country should be severely observed and the guilty party be punished irrespective of their influence. Severe punishment is the only solution of this immprality.
    Marriage of minors

• The buyers are the prime criminal.  The sellers are under circumstantial pressure.  They, however, be educated and be provided with at least their basic needs.  The buyers of the girls, instead of buying, why don't they help these families.  They can adopt these children legally.

dara gino said:

Shukriya janab Mishaikh! Does that include the family as well? Before that, why doesn't the family look for other ways to solve the problem? Why don't they seek the help of God? I guess the severe punishment is the good solution as you mentioned. Thanks, Mr. Mishaikh for you wise and useful comments!

Mishaikh said:

Implementation of law of the related country should be severely observed and the guilty party be punished irrespective of their influence. Severe punishment is the only solution of this immprality.
    Marriage of minors
This reply was deleted.