Marriage and Age

Hey there! 

I have a question guys and according to your traditions and society answer it then with your point of view.. :)

As a man, can you marry a woman who is elder than you? 

Also,  as a woman, can you marry a man who is younger than you?

Note:

What are the things that you will focus on them to overcome this point for accepting this marriage? 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lol... yes, it should have been love at first sight haha... I think she was his teacher.

The other example is Donald Trump and Melania, although I,m not sure if this was for Cupid's arrow :D

• More like Benjamin's arrow.

• You are right, Estanis. I don't believe in the Cupid's arrow between Trump and his wife but I believe she is in love... maybe it is the real love with his money. LOL 

• Hello, dear Judy!

The age is not a problem for marriage If feelings are real.
    But due to my life experience, people at different ages have different mindsets. When we grow up we accept upbringing of OUR time and have the same mentality. NEW generation is raised with NEW rules and NEW thinking. Therefore, for people at different age are hard to understand each other. Although, I met couples when a man was much older than his wife and vise versa. However, they were all happily married.

The great example is the president of France Emmanuel Macron. His wife is 24 years older than him. 

True love can overcome all obstacles.
    My point of view is DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

• Yesss that's why we are afraid from the destiny in all cases... It depends on us... On our attitudes.... So on

Thanks Olga:))

• Hi~Judy

I think that I can marriage with elder woman than me.

That is no problem to me.

But there is a small problem if the gap of that age is big.

however,  The age is no problem if they are really loving each other.

• There is no restriction about the age either of the couple younger or elder, but there should be a mutual consent in prior to getting married.  Besides there should not be a big age gap between husband and wife (both ways).  If a girl is not ready to marry an older man, then she should not be forced and vice versa.

• Hey Sandra :)

Yeah I can see but some societies refuse this kind of marriage with the difference in age. In spite of the couples' understanding, gossiping will follow them..

But the problem is if there is a difficulty on understanding each other while they love each other a lot.. Here what's your opinion in this case.. Shall they risk and get married?? 

I would be happy to know your opinion ^^

Thanks for your comment :)

• Dear Sandra Silva, I agree with your opinion absolutely.

The most important thing is only once life that you can live in this world.

The life is only your life, not other people's life.

And then you only can take a leading role in your life.

you don't need to read other people's countenance.

Don't you agree? Sandra Silva

• Hey Estanis, 

I mean if you find this kind of marriage difficult, so what are the things that you look for to accept it? 

This reply was deleted.